OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW TIRES ON TRUCK WITH FREE....

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 01, 2012, 10:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

I took the advice of "REDARROW" called Sam's Club.  They had the BF Goodrich All Terrain 31x10.5 R15LT for $184.00 a piece.  I got FREE NEW VALVE STEMS, FREE BALANCE, FREE INSTALLATION, FREE DISPOSAL, FREE ROTATION AND FREE ROAD HAZARD all for $778.60.  This is a special "Premium Installation Package" that Sam's Club is offering through Feb. 2.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/category.jsp?categoryId=1055&navAction=jump

Every other tire store wanted about $950.00 for this package....Look at it this way guys I saved enough to go buy a new shotgun.  :icon_thumright:

Them other tire stores can kiss my @zz  :OGturkeyhead:

Brian

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stinkpickle

redarrow

:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: Glad I could help,Brian. Sams always has the best deal for whatever reason.

stinkpickle

The sucky thing around here with Sams Club (and Costco) is that they won't install tires that aren't original size for your vehicle.  I have aftermarket rims and run a slightly taller than stock tire, so I'm outta luck.  :(

ghillie

GREAT tires!!!  Have em on both trucks!!  Nice score...I need to replace all tires on one truck....hummmmm

ghillie

Dang!!  Not in stock and $251.00 for the size I need....       :begging:

turkey slayer

Neill_Prater

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 01, 2012, 11:13:20 AM
The sucky thing around here with Sams Club (and Costco) is that they won't install tires that aren't original size for your vehicle.  I have aftermarket rims and run a slightly taller than stock tire, so I'm outta luck.  :(

Stinkpickle, my stepson ran into this last year when he bought a set of tires at Walmart in KC that someone had installed on their truck, then squawked about the price or something, so WM took them off. They told him they would take $100 per tire, installed, but when he took the truck in, the shop manager wouldn't put them on because they were 265's, and the specs called for 245's on that vehicle (the tires on the truck were 265's), so he bought the tires and was going to pay another shop to install the tires for $100. He just happened to call me while he was waiting, telling me what had happened, and I asked if he talked to the store manager, which he had not. He called the store, explained the situation to the store manager, and he OK'd the installation, with full warranty. If it isn't an actual safety issue, the store manager can override the department managers.

stinkpickle

At least the manager worked with him.  I have a buddy who took his stock Dakota to the local Sam's Club for new tires, and the size of tires that came as original equipment weren't in their computer, so they wouldn't install them.  Apparently, he had some kinda factory "off road" package with larger tires with the sticker in the door to show it, and Sam's Club still wouldn't do it, because their database didn't list it.  He was pi$$ed.   :D

J.Davidson

Hognutz

Ah..A cigar smoker..A man after my own heart..  :drool:       Oh yeah, nice tires, bro'...  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 02, 2012, 11:34:50 AM
At least the manager worked with him.  I have a buddy who took his stock Dakota to the local Sam's Club for new tires, and the size of tires that came as original equipment weren't in their computer, so they wouldn't install them.  Apparently, he had some kinda factory "off road" package with larger tires with the sticker in the door to show it, and Sam's Club still wouldn't do it, because their database didn't list it.  He was pi$$ed.   :D

That's why it's often beneficial to purchase tires from shops that specialize in automotive and tires.  That wouldn't happen, like what is common with the big box chains.  You often get what you pay for with tires and service.