turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HS Undertaker choke with 11-87

Started by dlquinn, January 31, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlquinn

Anyone using a HS Undertaker .665 (lead only) choke with their 11-87? If so what shells are you shooting?

I have had this choke for awhile but never used it, thinking of giving it a try this spring....my other based on feedback and reviews from here is to get a Primos JH and run some Hevi shot thru it.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

stinkpickle

You won't know until you try it.  I slapped an Undertaker I found on clearance onto an old Mossy 500, and I was surprised how well it worked with Winchester XX 3-2-6's.  Maybe your 11-87 will do the same.  Good luck!

BTW, I'll probably try that choke with Hevi-shot, too.  Their "lead only" chokes appear to be made from the same material as the "high density" ones...just .010 tighter.

dlquinn

Those winchesters are what I am thinking of trying....Funny you mention giving this choke a "shot" with Hevi, I was thinking the same thing.

Got a JH on my wishlist but have been buying allot of new gear this spring so if I can get a good pattern with this undertaker choke it will save me some money right now.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

mcgruff1533

I've fired quite a few rounds of hevi shot through my standard, non-ported Undertaker.    No problems, and it actually patterns quite well.

The price isn't bad either, around $19 two years ago.

NWBama

For 12 years I used a Mossberg 500 with an Undertaker choke and Win Double X Magnum #5s. I like the Double X better than the standard Win turkey loads. I swapped out when I won another gun and traded it for a Win SX3.

tyelper

i have an 11-87 with the undertaker in it but mine has a 21'' barrel, i shoot the win hv 3-1 3/4 -6 and it does pretty well considering the barrel lenght,,,