turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END$$$$$$$$

Started by bbcoach, January 31, 2012, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I just finished reading Gold Hunter's thread on the high cost of tires and it got me thinking.  We are seeing the cost of everything go up.  The richer keep getting richer and the middle class and the poor take it in the shorts!!!!!!  We have threads on here concerning Hevi-13 prices rising and we just had another 17 cent increase in a gallon of gas.  Oil companies are reporting enormous quarterly profits.  Housing prices have already went through the roof.  Home ownership maybe a thing of the past.  Most households have both parents working and they still struggle.    I don't think this can continue or our children and grandchildren won't be able to make it.  Anyone feel the same way??????

unclerick

Yeah, sometimes I do, I'm single and it cost me a small fortune to do anything, I pay over $100 a week in income taxes and about 1/2 that much in socail security, what use to cost me $45 to $50 every 2wks for groceries is now $100, sometimes it makes sence to be just a bum and not want anything and stay drunk all the time.

But it will get better one day, Christ asures us of that....
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

redarrow

My Mom told me today that my Nephew is crossing the big water for a job in England.I am very thankful that I have a good pension after 30 plus years with GM. However my check is being chipped away at. Since I agreed to retirement I have been hit with deductions that I hadn't planned on. I now pay dental coverage,eye care.medical deductions,co pays and a newly implemented state income tax for a total of 200 plus  bucks.Plus federal taxes of 300 bucks.That extra 200 bucks was implemented after I retired .I try not to complain cause I got it better than most folks I know.

RutnNStrutn

When will the madness end??? GREAT question!!
The answer is, in my opinion, when you get regular Joe's like us in Congress and the White House. (how likely is that?) But if we keep electing millionaires, they are going to take care of the millionaires, not us. Besides the madness that you mentioned on how hard it is for average people to make ends meet, the real madness is that those jerks can serve 1 term in office, get a great retirement, with medical, dental, vision insurance, etc., all provided for by US!! Then they turn around and gripe about how the working class people don't deserve our pay, retirements or benefits after working 25-35 years for them. Aaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
You got me started!! :lol:
I for one am NEVER going to vote for an incumbent again, unless they did a great job for the PEOPLE while in office. (how often does that happen?)