turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can you shoot Nitros through a HEVI-Shot turkey choke

Started by HoggleGobble, January 31, 2012, 08:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

Does anyone know if you can shoot a Ray Nitro shell through a HEVI-shot choke. I have a beretta Xtrema2 that I just bought, and I have about 25 rounds left of 2 7/16oz 4x5x7 3 1/2" shells that I am going to shoot, and wanted to choose the right choke. I have heard the Optima Plus HEVI-shot choke is the way to go, but I really like the Rhino chokes that I own.... Which chokes would you choose for those shells and that gun? Hevi-shot or Rhino for an Optima +??? Thanks!

drenalinld

Nitro HTL shells are loaded with Hevi and are ok to shoot in Hevi chokes. The Rhino chokes have worked pretty well with the Nitro loads and Xtrema2's. I have a Rhino for my SBEII and hope to try a Hevi choke soon. Both will be good chokes.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: HoggleGobble on January 31, 2012, 08:42:18 AM
Does anyone know if you can shoot a Ray Nitro shell through a HEVI-shot choke. I have a beretta Xtrema2 that I just bought, and I have about 25 rounds left of 2 7/16oz 4x5x7 3 1/2" shells that I am going to shoot, and wanted to choose the right choke. I have heard the Optima Plus HEVI-shot choke is the way to go, but I really like the Rhino chokes that I own.... Which chokes would you choose for those shells and that gun? Hevi-shot or Rhino for an Optima +??? Thanks!

Yes. The Hevi-13 Turkey chokes are rated for all tungsten-based shot, including of course Hevi-Shot products.

I do not shoot Nitro shells but I've seen great patterns with those chokes in all their different configurations. They are also very fairly priced.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

HoggleGobble

Quote from: drenalinld on January 31, 2012, 08:47:17 AM
Nitro HTL shells are loaded with Hevi and are ok to shoot in Hevi chokes. The Rhino chokes have worked pretty well with the Nitro loads and Xtrema2's. I have a Rhino for my SBEII and hope to try a Hevi choke soon. Both will be good chokes.

Is the constriction of the Rhino a .660? Been looking at getting a Hevi-shot .664 from Macks PW... I just bought 25 rounds of Nitro 4x5x7 2 7/16oz 3 1/2" shells. This is for a Xtrema2 optima Plus. Any suggestions are well appreciated!