OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunt to remember!!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, January 30, 2012, 02:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

That's awesome! Had a similar experience in NE last Spring. My boss had a nearly new Chevy 2500HD crew cab diesel he was extremely proud of and had just had a remote control retractable bed cover installed right before the trip. We had called up a great gobbler into a feed lot and my boss had smashed him. The whole time we were working this turkey we were hearing one on the other side of the river losing his mind. The feed lot was only 50 yards from the truck, so we grabbed the downed gobbler and ran to the truck, my boss was opening the bed cover as we approached. We threw the bird in the bed and he closed the cover as we loaded up and took off to get on the other side of the river and get on the hot bird. Down the road about a half mile the thrashing started. This was not dying flops, it was erratic thumps like the bed was being hit with a baseball bat. After about ten minutes we decided we would have to do something about it. We pulled over and my boss opened the bed cover just enough for the gobbler to get his head stuck out of the opening. When his head popped out, my buddy grabbed him around the neck with both hands and I dropped the tail gate and the fight was on!! It took a few minutes, but my buddy got the best of the gobbler and snuffed him out for good. All in a good hunt.

turkey slayer

Quote from: drenalinld on January 30, 2012, 03:02:57 PM
That's awesome! Had a similar experience in NE last Spring. My boss had a nearly new Chevy 2500HD crew cab diesel he was extremely proud of and had just had a remote control retractable bed cover installed right before the trip. We had called up a great gobbler into a feed lot and my boss had smashed him. The whole time we were working this turkey we were hearing one on the other side of the river losing his mind. The feed lot was only 50 yards from the truck, so we grabbed the downed gobbler and ran to the truck, my boss was opening the bed cover as we approached. We threw the bird in the bed and he closed the cover as we loaded up and took off to get on the other side of the river and get on the hot bird. Down the road about a half mile the thrashing started. This was not dying flops, it was erratic thumps like the bed was being hit with a baseball bat. After about ten minutes we decided we would have to do something about it. We pulled over and my boss opened the bed cover just enough for the gobbler to get his head stuck out of the opening. When his head popped out, my buddy grabbed him around the neck with both hands and I dropped the tail gate and the fight was on!! It took a few minutes, but my buddy got the best of the gobbler and snuffed him out for good. All in a good hunt.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: too bad that isnt on video.

redarrow

OMG . My wife read that and watched the video. I havent heard her laugh that much in a long time. Thats hilarious.

Neill_Prater

The way the guy acted after he shot the bird shows he hadn't learned his lesson. I would have laughed if he bird had flown off while he was facing the camera. I never assume a bird is dead until I have my foot on his neck.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hookedspur

The vidio and the other story are just GREAT.      :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Eric Gregg