turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Doug Camp calls

Started by harvester, January 29, 2012, 09:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Does anyone have or use one of his slate calls? You cant find them anymore. I guess everyone has them put up as a collectors item now.

redarrow

I have one a friend gave me. I held it in my hand yesterday,then put it back on the shelf.

NCBigShot

When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

cypresscreek

I have one. Don't take it to the woods, stays on the shelf where it is safe.
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

yelpy

I have one with a glass surface. Did he make any pots witha slate surface?

cypresscreek

Come to think of it, I think mine is glass. I will have to check when I get home.
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

redarrow

Quote from: yelpy on January 30, 2012, 09:56:34 AM

I have one with a glass surface. Did he make any pots witha slate surface?

Yes. Mine is a slate.

harvester

Quote from: NCBigShot on January 29, 2012, 11:05:29 PM
..One frequently listed on eBay.. Here you go..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doug-Camp-CAMP-CALLER-Glass-Turkey-Call-/260945767524?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc1946c64

I think that might be a gimmick, knockoff of the real deal. I have a slate Camp Call and the writing is different on the on ebay.

shadetree callers

Camp Callers are great turkey calls  butmost people don't know that Doug didn't make the calls . The boxcalls and pots were all made for him by another callmaker . That callmaker still sells the calls to this day . If you watch Ebay , you will see them pop up from time to time . The prices for the boxcalls has gotten out of hand though .

Aim@it

Harvester,   I have an all mahogany box,black walnut box, screaming hen box, glass pot, slate pot and owl hooter. I met Doug at a calling contest, He was selling and demonstrating the owl hooter. The call sounded very good in the old school hallway. I bought the owl hooter at that time. Later on I would call Him at home from time to time and buy a call, sometimes Doug would be gone on a trip and His wife would answer. They both were nice and pleasant to talk to. If I could post pics I would list them. The calls have been used but are in good condition.