OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Haint Gobble call

Started by Bustabeak, January 29, 2012, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bustabeak

My buddy let me borrow his Down N Dirty Haint gobble call to use for a few days. What do you guys think of using a gobble call? Ever had any luck with one? It sounds pretty good but I still need some work on it. I'll try to put up a video in the next couple of days. I just wanted to find out what you fellas though of gobble calls. I've personally never used one but I'm thinking of buying one of the haint calls. I just can't decide if I want to spend that money on a gobble call.

chatterbox

Quote from: Bustabeak on January 29, 2012, 07:29:10 PM
My buddy let me borrow his Down N Dirty Haint gobble call to use for a few days. What do you guys think of using a gobble call? Ever had any luck with one? It sounds pretty good but I still need some work on it. I'll try to put up a video in the next couple of days. I just wanted to find out what you fellas though of gobble calls. I've personally never used one but I'm thinking of buying one of the haint calls. I just can't decide if I want to spend that money on a gobble call.
I have had good luck using a Primos Gobble Shaker at flyup. Can be a decent tool to locate roosting gobblers.
I don't like to use them on my hunting setups on private land. Too risky.

Bustabeak

QuoteI have had good luck using a Primos Gobble Shaker at flyup. Can be a decent tool to locate roosting gobblers.
I don't like to use them on my hunting setups on private land. Too risky.

Do you usually just let out a few gobbles at fly up and see if they respond?

davisd9

They have their place and time to be used.  I saw in a store here locally that they were 39.99. I gobble a little on a mouth call.  I do not use that unless he is hung up and nothing else works.  Would not do on public land and would use it sparingly on my private land.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

I have intended to buy one for a few years now. I hunt public ground,  so not the best place to be gobbling but I seen times I would like to have try it.

M,Yingling

I tried one out good time ago , it was shake one didnt care for it never work ,,Idont even have or remember who the maker was
Been tryin gobble on tube but it dont sound to good yet also LOL
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

trkehunr93

I've done it with a box call to try to strike up a gobbler, but I only do it as a Hail Mary.

Bustabeak

Here is my video, let me know what you guys think, the good the bad and the ugly! LOL.

http://youtu.be/piTyI6U-jns

davisd9

Quote from: Bustabeak on January 29, 2012, 09:34:59 PM
Here is my video, let me know what you guys think, the good the bad and the ugly! LOL.

http://youtu.be/piTyI6U-jns

Sounded really good to me.  Especially that last one you did.  Sounds much more realistic than what I do on a mouth call and they respond to the mouth call.  I would just be careful not to sound too intimidating.  I try to mimic a jake gobble cause if they think it is a boss gobbler than the less dominate birds will stay away.  You might be able to kill the boss that way but I would not want to limit myself.  Good luck and like I said, it sounded really good.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M,Yingling

Compare to other you tube vids you sound pretty good with it  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey