OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Made it back from the convention

Started by unclerick, February 19, 2011, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclerick

Well we had a great time this year again at the convention, this is our 3rd year and the 3rd time we took someone new to it, our nephew who is in on Army leave.
Took several pics and got to meet our hero and legond Mr. Tom Kelly. Also baught a few calls as well even got me a Harrison Hoot-n-Stick. Heres some pics,maybe Wes well post up some of his to.
Us with Mr. Tom Kelly

Box calls I baught, Mr. Kelly signed one of them

Hootn-n-stick

Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

unclerick

Some of the turkey mounts we saw

One of these will probaily be my next mount if I ever decide to do anothere one

gob09

i cant post any pic.s say there to large dang it......Tom Kelly was awesome i can't believe there was'nt a line to meet him everyone was in line to meet whodell i got a signed copy of one of his booksabsent companions and we got to get a picture made with him HAD A HELL OF A TIME

ElkTurkMan

Great pictures.  Tom Kelly is a National Treasure.  I hope one day I have the oppurtunity to meet him, and the priviledge to shake his hand.

unclerick

I would have loved to been able to sit with him and tell stories, I bet me and Wes could have told some good ones to him not to mention get told some great stories.
Ofcourse he told us that since we took a pic with him that "you boys will never be able to run for public office now". I just got a kick out of him.

gob09

i walked up to his booth and was looking at all the books i had no idea he was there. a man said there already signed but if you want to buy one ill write something else in there i looked up and it was tom kelley i said it' a great pleasure to meet you and yes ill buy a book we shook hands and talked for probilbly 5 min. also got a free cd

mfd1027

You guys done good!!!  Waddell's a great guy too.   Very down to earth.
Dan

unclerick

Yeah I like Waddell, but not enough to wait in line, would even like to hunt with him, but Mr. Kelly is a once in a life time ledgon.

mfd1027

Was he there alone?  I only ask because a friend of mine is his publicist.   His name is David and he used to have red hair.  David and another good friend of mine Frank are nearly always helping him at these big events.   I was looking for them in your picture but couldn't find em.  I was hoping Wes could get some of his pic's up.   
Dan

unclerick

Dan there we 2 guys with him, oe of them was tall with white hair and another guy but I don't remember what he looked like. They were nice as all get out.

mfd1027

Was the white haired guy about 6'2"  and about 62 yrs. old.   I'll have to find a pic. from last year.   Sounds like Frank.   David's hair is probably white these days.  I actually haven't seen him in 10 yrs.   His face is real red and you can tell he had red hair. 
Like I said they're always with him and I'd surprised if they weren't there this wk. end.   
Dan

unclerick

That sounds like him Dan, I'd say it is,

How is it you know him? Just curious.

mfd1027

Frank was on the fire dept. with me.   He's one of my oldest friends and I met David through Frank about 30 yr.s ago.    David has always been a producer and was the producer for our local news show here in Miami when I first met him.   He retired from that and somehow started publishing books.  I'm not sure how he hooked up with Tom Kelly but do know that he's handled a lot of his books.     I need to find a picture of Frank .   He came over and turkey hunted with me in Ga. last yr.   
Dan

harvester

sounds like you all had a heck of time down there, with meetin Mr Kelly that had to be tops. Wish I would have been able to go. Those are some nice box calls you got. How did the hooks sounds?

keyser12ga

That is awesome, sounds like you guys had fun.  I ended up not going, but planning for next year already.  I wanted to hear Ray Eye, but found out he was going to be here today, couldn't get off work though.