News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Made it back from the convention

Started by unclerick, February 19, 2011, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

harvester

hey Rick how do you like the Hoot n Stick. Got mine today and its alot better than the palmers. Sounds much better. :z-guntootsmiley:

unclerick

Quote from: harvester on February 21, 2011, 04:53:17 PM
hey Rick how do you like the Hoot n Stick. Got mine today and its alot better than the palmers. Sounds much better. :z-guntootsmiley:
Heck yeah, I thought it was pretty high though but once I got it in the car on the way home, man it sounded great and it's easy to run. Hands down better then the Mad reeded owl hooter I have. Dustin did you get one of the custom made ones of the production one, (yellow hooter)?
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 21, 2011, 07:12:02 PM
Quote from: harvester on February 21, 2011, 04:53:17 PM
Heck yeah, I thought it was pretty high though but once I got it in the car on the way home, man it sounded great and it's easy to run. Hands down better then the Mad reeded owl hooter I have. Dustin did you get one of the custom made ones of the production one, (yellow hooter)?

I just got the synthetic (as they call it lol). I asked which one sounds better in the locator forum on here and they said they sound almost identicle. The only real difference is what the person prefers, wood, synthetic. I went the cheap route since I just bought a call off of Wendell Rye.

unclerick

I hear ya Dustin, they had both at their booth, the synthetic was $30 and the wood was $45, one of the guys (I think Scott) I talked to played 4 or 5 calls for me said the wood calls were more hand tuned (I think thats waht he said) so I took it. Saved for 3 months to have enough money to buy a couple high quality calls so I thought what the heck, I want have this chance again,

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 21, 2011, 07:48:40 PM
I hear ya Dustin, they had both at their booth, the synthetic was $30 and the wood was $45, one of the guys (I think Scott) I talked to played 4 or 5 calls for me said the wood calls were more hand tuned (I think thats waht he said) so I took it. Saved for 3 months to have enough money to buy a couple high quality calls so I thought what the heck, I want have this chance again,

The guy at work paid $20, or at least that is what he told me he gave for them, I give him $20 for it.  ???

gob09

Quote from: keyser12ga on February 20, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
That is awesome, sounds like you guys had fun.  I ended up not going, but planning for next year already.  I wanted to hear Ray Eye, but found out he was going to be here today, couldn't get off work though. 
i hear ya on the work thing i work till lunch time and then hauled but up there had been planning all year to go i way was i missing it

unclerick

I was wrong on that hooter Dustin, it wasn't a synthetic for $30 it was an Osage.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 22, 2011, 07:51:15 AM
I was wrong on that hooter Dustin, it wasn't a synthetic for $30 it was an Osage.

:icon_thumright: