Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I hit a turkey hunting jackpot today...........

Started by rempumpman, January 29, 2012, 03:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

A very fine (and very wealthy) gentleman in our church today give me the keys to his 4 bedroom cabin in the heart of the ozarks of Arkansas and told me to help myself to his property; NO ONE hunts turkeys on his property and he told me that there are hundreds of turkeys that stay on his property; wonder how big? 597 acres!!! he only deer hunts and said that no one in his family turkey hunts; I told him that I would be honored to call him up a turkey but told me "no thanks" b/c he doesn't want to fight the chiggers and ticks; he said I would be the only one up there during April hunting and treat the cabin as if I owned it; what a rush!!! less than a 2 hour drive from the house.

:drool:..................... :drool:....................... :drool:

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

redarrow

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BOFF

ABSOULUTELY WONDERFUL!!!

Tickled to read of your blessings!! :theman:

I will add one thing. Make sure you have him sigh a piece of paper stating specifically your name, has a right/permission to hunt this piece of property, and use of cabin. For some states, it's the law to have this while hunting on the property.

Congrats!!!!!

God Bless,
David B.

sugarray

Quote from: BOFF on January 29, 2012, 03:28:09 PM
ABSOULUTELY WONDERFUL!!!

Tickled to read of your blessings!! :theman:

I will add one thing. Make sure you have him sigh a piece of paper stating specifically your name, has a right/permission to hunt this piece of property, and use of cabin. For some states, it's the law to have this while hunting on the property.

Congrats!!!!!

God Bless,
David B.

100% agree.  Don't want a jealous relative giving you trouble. 

You really are blessed.  Can't wait to see your kill pics!!!

:drool:

Crappiepro

turkey slayer

guesswho

Congrats.  Don't forget that fine gentleman on Christmas, His Birthday, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving, Easter ect.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

M,Yingling

Sounds like you got yourself some nice ground  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Dixie Whistler

bbcoach

Congratulations!!!!  This is a TRUE BLESSING from God!!!!!  Keep us all posted on the scouting trips on the new place and post PICS of the birds you see and kill.  Enjoy God's Blessings this Spring!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Shotgun

Only one problem...The are not any turkeys in AR, but that is one heck of deal.

clarksvalley

congrats to you,hope to see pictures this spring.