Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Point me in the right direction for shells.

Started by paradis1142, January 29, 2012, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paradis1142

I have an 870 express 3" chamber 26" barrell.  My choke tube is a JH .665.  Does anyone have any expoerience with this setup?  If so what shells did you find to pattern best out of your gun?  I know every gun is different but it gives me a good starting point.  I know the gun doesnt really like Win HV #5s.  Im thinking some Hevi #6, #7, or mag blends but dont know which would be best suited to the JH .665.

chipper

All 3 should shoot good out of that gun and choke,just pick your poison.

Gobble!

If your going to try the hevi13 shells make sure you get the 3" 2oz loads. If I was you I would get the #7s I have complete confidence in them.

BigPeck215

go with the hevi 13 3-2-7's if they are available in your area if not go for with the 3" mag blends, either are more than adequate 40" turkey killers

sugarray

There is lots of evidence for the Hevi 3", 2 oz #7 load.  I'd try the #6 load as well, if you can.  I just like their penetration better. 

Think about the Winchester Xtd Range, but they are only 1 3/4 oz loads in the 3".

DC101

My Dad shoots the same setup. H13 3-2-6s or 7s throw excellent patterns from his setup and have been the end of Toms the last four seasons.

tyelper

i shoot the same set up but i shoot remingto nitro number 6 killed 6 gobblers with it,,,,,,,

Gobble Nole

I shoot Mag Blends out of my 870 SM and it is pretty wicked with the same Jelly Head.  I just bought some #7 shells but havent tried them yet...

southernfly

I shoot Nitro 4,5,7 out of this same set up and it is deadly. Theyre not cheap but they are nasty

slicksbeagles1

if they have not gone up and you want hevi13 go to www.mackspw.com before the go up 17.99 a box 3-2-7 last week.