OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ATV Tires

Started by TnTurk, January 28, 2012, 05:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnTurk

I'm looking to replace the stock tires on my Honda Rubicon and need some advice on getting a new set. I'm not looking for anything overly aggressive, just a tire that will ride good on hard ground and pull through an occasional mud hole. Also, they need to be able to get a good grip on hills and creek bottoms. I (wife) would like to keep the price under $350 per set.

bbcoach

TnTurk,
I replaced my stock tires on a 06 Honda Foreman a couple of years ago with a size larger (26") ITP Mudlite tires and aluminum rims.  The Mudlites ride very well on hard ground and they will take you through the toughest mud, up hills and through creek bottoms.  When you take a look at them you'll say no way will these aggressive tires ride comfortably but they do.  Give them a look.

EBay maybe your best bet on the price you are looking for.  Alot of the guys selling can drop ship from the factory to your door with free shipping.  The gentleman that I dealt with goes by Neathery5 on Ebay but I think he has stopped selling.  He lived about an hour an a half from me and we met for the transaction.

Best of luck on your search.

TANK

I have had Mud Light XL's on a Honda Rancher 350 and they done great. I now have a Rhino 660 with a set of 27 inch Mud LIght XTR's (radials) on it. They ride & pull awesome!

strutstopper

Another vote for the Mud Lite XLs. I love mine.

bgbuck153

SKFOOTER

Check out the Interco Reptile Radial.  I put a set on my Rubicon almost 2 years ago and I really like them. 

TnTurk

Thanks for the input guys. I've been looking at the mud lites as well.  I've also beem looking at the GBC Dirt Devils,  Kenda Bearclaws, and the Interco Swamp Lites and Reptile radials. Is there any one place that's best to order atv tires besides Ebay of course.

turkey slayer

OLE RASPY