turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kentucky Lake Bridge

Started by OLE RASPY, January 27, 2012, 10:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20120127/NEWS01/301270068/Ship-in-wrong-channel-tears-through-Kentucky-Lake-bridge-officials-say?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

Didnt know if any of you had heard bout this so here it is.Terrible,could have been very tragic.One couple came close but noticed there was no road left.

redarrow

Dang ! I have been across that bridge many times while hunting the LBl with friends that live in Cadiz and Murry.

Dixie Whistler

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Photo-Gallery-Eggners-Ferry-Bridge-collapse--138200619.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y

It is going to have an impact on some of the small towns in the area, economically.  Fortunately, no one was hurt, but it is going to make access to LBL hunting ground take a lot longer. 

redarrow

I usually stay in Cadiz. Wont be too big a problem for me,but the folks on the other side will have  to drive a lot further to get there.

Dixie Whistler

Quote from: redarrow on January 27, 2012, 11:00:43 PM
I usually stay in Cadiz. Wont be too big a problem for me,but the folks on the other side will have  to drive a lot further to get there.

Then you will have a hard time getting to Belew's! (hope you are familiar)

redarrow

Quote from: Dixie Whistler on January 27, 2012, 11:02:25 PM
Quote from: redarrow on January 27, 2012, 11:00:43 PM

Then you will have a hard time getting to Belew's! (hope you are familiar)

Isnt that the restauran ? Havent been there in a few years. Seems like theres a place called Baits and bullets too ????

Dixie Whistler

Belew's is the drive up dairy bar.  Good burgers and shakes, but I dont think they open until May.  Not sure though. 

redarrow

Yep. Been there. Got a buddy that lives in Aurora.

spurman

I will miss that breakfast at Aurora during spring turkey season. Grand Rivers and Lake City have good breakfast also and I usually go to LBL thru the north end.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

turkey slayer

Wow thats nuts, glad nobody was injured.

joey46

Double wow!  I lived within sight of this bridge for 9 years.  Probably crossed it hundreds of times.  BTW - Belews always opened on "tax day" - not "tater day" but "tax day".  I really miss that whole area.  Going to be a big problem for all those on either side of the bridge.  Maybe someone will start a ferry service.

kamski1151

Time to visit the Optomatrist, Ray Charles could see that ship would'nt clear that bridge. :TrainWreck1:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

Wingbone

Yeah that will stink not getting to cut over to Belew's this season. I go into LBL from the south end but usually got lunch at Belew's. Hopefully they will get the bridge repaired quickly.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Cove

I bet someone's is deep sheet! :police:

Neill_Prater