OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky Lake Bridge

Started by OLE RASPY, January 27, 2012, 10:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2obil

I go into LBL from the 68 East end. I will  still  drive the long way around for some of that good ol catfish at Willow  Pond .

joey46

Memory quiz - what was the name of the catfish restaurant in Aurora before Willow Pond?  It was in the same location.  Nobody gets it I'll post the answer in 24 hours.  During the spring "crappie run" crowds you would usually wait an hour plus for a table. ???

spurman

Sue and Charlies
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

joey46

I was afraid it would be too easy.  No place has ever topped them.

joey46

Harder question - the owners name was??  Took my wife and I a long time to remember this one.  I couldn't even find it on "google" but we eventually got it. 

spurman

Quote from: joey46 on February 02, 2012, 07:24:40 AM
Harder question - the owners name was??  Took my wife and I a long time to remember this one.  I couldn't even find it on "google" but we eventually got it. 

Don't know that one I only ate there a few times back in the 70's-80's.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

joey46

Quote from: spurman on February 02, 2012, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: joey46 on February 02, 2012, 07:24:40 AM

Don't know that one I only ate there a few times back in the 70's-80's.

We'll give it a day and see if anyone else gets it.  It is an unusual name.

joey46

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on February 02, 2012, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: kamski1151 on January 28, 2012, 06:49:38 PM
Time to visit the Optomatrist, Ray Charles could see that ship would'nt clear that bridge. :TrainWreck1:

Well it was said some of the marker lights were not working that marks the pillars they are supposed to go between..... it was also raining and foggy, from what I read.... even if they had went under the correct section, with all the rain, the river was up and the ship may have still hit the bridge support structure just under the road deck......

With today's electronic equipment, radar etc it is still inexcusable.  At the very least that bridge has painted clearance numbers on it and the Captain should know his boats height.  I can remember sitting outside of the main channel, in my boat, waiting for a tug to pass so I could cross over into Smith Bay.  He hit me with a high intensity light that ruined my night vision for days.  Somebody was either very confused or asleep.  Going to cost that whole area millions.