OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New call suggestions

Started by cannonball, January 26, 2012, 07:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

I am looking for advice on a new pot call. I want glass or crystal, and I'm torn about what to buy. My local Bass Pro has the Woodhaven Cherry Crystal Classic in stock. What else is there that would be just as good or perhaps better than the Woodhaven that I could have before season starts?

870BkWht

Have you seen the new David Halloran Twisted Sister?  If your gonna buy the Cherry Classic Crystal from woodhaven, I sure wouldnt buy it from Bass Pro, cause they are too high.  Cabelas is selling it for atleast 10 dollars cheaper on any given day.  Id also reccamend a Crystal pot from Andy Kaiser (gobblestopper).  Bronzed glass is another option you might consider.

savduck

Oh boy......there are better crystals out there than woodhaven. Call Lyle, he may have something you would like.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Lyle, Dave and Joe all make them I believe. No more factory production calls when I can get a custom for the same money! And they will work with ya on woods and sound type. Try that with bass pro

Houndstooth Game Calls

cannonball

Houndstooth Game Calls

That's fine cannonball if for some reason I don't answer just leave a message and I will call you back last weekend of deer season here think I am gonna hit the woods!!

cannonball

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I have a call on the way now.

savduck

Georgia Boy

cannonball

savduck

Guess ill show you how to run it when you get here in a few months.

COME ON APRIL.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 27, 2012, 09:35:18 PM
Guess ill show you how to run it when you get here in a few months.

COME ON APRIL.

I took your advice and ordered the one you suggested, I'll bring it with me so you can break it in. :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

Theres a good chance it may sound like this.

Georgia Boy

cannonball

I hope it sounds as good as yours Del. That call sings! :funnyturkey:

savduck

I have a hunch it will.

Besides the included striker it may just happen to like two other strikers made by team members......maple from Trkyhtr and canarywood from Gitzit. Im just guessing here though  ;)
Georgia Boy