OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ssi-1 experience

Started by SWAMPFOX, January 26, 2012, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWAMPFOX

getting my ssi-1 ready for sc. have just finished paint job and eotech xps install. ready to pattern for first time. any members here shoot 3 or 3.5 inch win er #6 or h13 #6 or #7 out of theirs? gonna try my new sumtoy and pure gold for chokes. any thoughts or preferences would be appreciated as i would like to keep shell consumption to a minimum.
thanks,swampfox

allaboutshooting

Quote from: SWAMPFOX on January 26, 2012, 01:56:01 PM
getting my ssi-1 ready for sc. have just finished paint job and eotech xps install. ready to pattern for first time. any members here shoot 3 or 3.5 inch win er #6 or h13 #6 or #7 out of theirs? gonna try my new sumtoy and pure gold for chokes. any thoughts or preferences would be appreciated as i would like to keep shell consumption to a minimum.
thanks,swampfox

I've had one for years. It's a great gun, light, quick, easy to carry and mine has a great trigger.

I shoot only 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of shot. I've also shot the Magnum Blend shells but prefer the standard load.

I like the #6 shot better but that may be because I've shot a lot more of it over the years and know exactly how it performs. I would not have any problem however only taking the #7 shot to the turkey woods.

I shoot a .670 SSX in my SSi-ONE. I've tried various scopes and "dot" type sights and much prefer the "dots". I like the light weight that keeps the gun in balance.

One thing I learned early on was that I needed just a bit more length. I use a slip on pad (Shooter's Friend) to add 1/4" to the LOP and that makes it much more comfortable to shoot.

You have a great gun. I hope you enjoy it in the woods and fields this spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SWAMPFOX

thanks for the info clark! will report back on pattern findings
swampfox