Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

have you ever made a call for a customer...

Started by MarkJM, January 25, 2012, 09:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJM

where the more you play it, the more you fall inlove with it, and the harder it is to give away?
MuellerCustomCalls

M,Yingling

I run into that with glass calls they always seen to get sweeter the more you play them
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

kenturkey89

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 25, 2012, 10:29:30 PM
I run into that with glass calls they always seen to get sweeter the more you play them

I couldn't agree more!!!!
Brian

merocustomcalls

I do that all the time, I just keep the call an extra day before letting it go.  Call it "extensive quality testing".

NCBigShot

...I'm new to call making...but I can relate completely....
When the Dogwood is white, the time is right...

handcannon

VanHelden Game Calls

YES.  But ya gotta pay for supplies for the next one so out she goes. :'(

cypresscreek

All the time!! The fun part is that you get to make another one :you_rock: I think that is what feeds the call making addiction!!
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

West Augusta

I have never made a striker that I didn't want to keep.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

pappy

There is never a call that I make that I do not want to deny ownership to someone else, I love my work, "is that boasting?" Naw....it is just that I love doing what I do so much that I do the best that I can do with every call I make, and I believe any true call maker feels that same way. That's why it is so hard to let a call go to the customer, but you have to have materials replaced, so, with tears ans a broken heart they head out the door to the post office......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

YES !! Just done it a few hours ago Mark. Made a guy a Maple Glass over glass and when i dropped it off i took a few slates for him to listen too, one being a slate over glass in a walnut pot. I actually made this call for me b/c i played w/ the hole pattern and bottom thickness a lil and it turned out sweet!!. But he fell in love w/ it and handed me the cash so unfortunately i let her go!! I think its like everyone says...we obviously love what we do on here and its part of the addiction. Keep up the awesome work!! Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL