turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wood supply?

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, January 25, 2012, 12:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

I saw a comment on a thread by Basser69 about wished he could find some wood! Well being a timber buyer I have a lot of connections on wood. since I sell the harvested product to the saw mills. The wood products I know I can get are Cedar,cherry,walnut,white oak, red oak and Osage aka hedge. Now the hedge I have some logs I have cut and would have to take to a sawmill to have it sawn into lumber but wouldn't be a big task it wouldn't be dried but probably be cheaper than normally buying high priced blanks. All the other type woods would normally be dried by kiln. The oak wood be superior as grade all The oak logs are grade logs and must have a 17in top and the second log must have a 18in top or larger to meet this grade mills specs. In other words it's some old growth wood. Figured I would see what interest this would have on here I don't really haven't thought on how to price it but I know it would be less more than likely if there is interest I figured I would post this to my team members on a small scale to see what info I would get back.

merocustomcalls

I would be interested in Osage.

Basser69

Quote from: merocustomcalls on January 25, 2012, 01:06:03 PM
I would be interested in Osage.

what Brian said and the walnut also....

TRKYHTR

I am always looking for wood.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck