OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cedar Slate

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, January 24, 2012, 09:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

This is a Cedar, slate over hickory with a walnut/olive striker. It has a high front end, with a great rollover, ending in some nice rasp, the cutts are sharp, the clucks are spitty, the purrs are high and fast, the keekees are high and clear. She is headed for the classifieds.
Thanks for looking, Scott
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

ChiefBubba

I have a Cedar slate from Scott and it's become my favorite so far. It's going to be my go to call this season. Chief.

WillowRidgeCalls

This one is the same combo as your is Chief.  ;)
Scott

kenturkey89

That one looks great, Scott!  I'm sure it's going to make someone very happy this Spring season   :icon_thumright:
Brian

scoot12

Scott,  great slate call,  when you played it,  it sounded great.  Scoot

ChiefBubba

Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on January 24, 2012, 10:25:12 PM

Very good! That is a sweet sounding call. Scott what other strikers have you tried with this combo? It sounded so good with the one you sent with me I haven't really tried it with any others. Chief.

turkey slayer

Houndstooth Game Calls

WillowRidgeCalls

Quote from: ChiefBubba on January 25, 2012, 10:39:02 AM
Quote from: WillowRidgeCalls on January 24, 2012, 10:25:12 PM

Very good! That is a sweet sounding call. Scott what other strikers have you tried with this combo? It sounded so good with the one you sent with me I haven't really tried it with any others. Chief.
If you want a bit more mellow sound I would run a hickory on it, Blk Locust ran good on it for a bit higher pitched call, and Purpleheart for a lower mor raspy sound in it. The Olive gave it the best all around sound.
Scott

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TarheelTurk

NIIIIICCCEEE!!!!!Scott that's an amazing looking piece of Cedar! I love working w/ Cedar especially w/ a slate surface. Great looking call !!! Jason
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL