OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

no luck on trail cams so far...

Started by Turkeykiller12, January 24, 2012, 07:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Checked cameras today, no turkeys. Had 318 pics on one my cam and no turkeys all deer . Did get a few pictures of a nice buck its good to know he made it through the seasonn maybe the turkeys pics will pick up this week.

davisd9

Sorry to hear that.  Hope to get a couple cameras out this Saturday.  Going to put it on a creek that I believe they use as a major travel area.  Going to have it out for a few weeks before I check it.  Hope you get some Toms soon.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

I did manage to find some turkey sign today!

JVA54

What kind of trail cams are you using?

Turkeykiller12

Turkeykiller12

No luck on the trail cams again this week. Had over five hundred pictures mostly all deer. At least I know that some of the nicer bucks on my lease made it through the season. I found a but of scratching today but the turkeys just haven't found my feed yet. Maybe next week!

WNY Bowhunter

I'm a trail camera junkie but I've never used them to try to pattern turkeys.  I did set a cam up a few seasons back along a cornfield that the birds were hammering and got some phenominal pics.  Here's a few of my favorites...

When I got pics of the boss gobbler of the flock (notice the two short middle tail feathers) giving my camera "the bird" I took it personal and vowed to make him pay for this indescent act of arrogance...

HE PAID DEARLY!!!

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

WNY Bowhunter

There was another grizzled old bird in the bunch (aka "Mr. Hooks") that I really wanted to kill too...but I never caught up with him.

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

JVA54

Those are some very nice pic's!!    :fud:

davisd9

I went to put out two trail cameras this past Saturday but like a fool I left my new batteries in the truck.  It was too far of a walk to make it back in time so I went ahead and put them where I wanted them and for one I found enough batteries to last of half a life.  Should be able to get a few pictures from it.  Going back weekend after next to put the new batteries in and check the few pictures I hopefully got.  I was hot when I realized I left the batteries.  :character0029:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

C J Stahly

Quote from: davisd9 on January 31, 2012, 03:24:10 PM
I went to put out two trail cameras this past Saturday but like a fool I left my new batteries in the truck.  It was too far of a walk to make it back in time so I went ahead and put them where I wanted them and for one I found enough batteries to last of half a life.  Should be able to get a few pictures from it.  Going back weekend after next to put the new batteries in and check the few pictures I hopefully got.  I was hot when I realized I left the batteries.  :character0029:

You would have had plenty of time to get the batteries and put them in the cameras....heck you spend an extra hour looking for someone's keys   >:(