OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brian

Started by savduck, January 24, 2012, 01:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Dude you have been holding out on us. Those new calls are sweet.

Im waiting on tax return money, but now I know youve ventured out......I would LOVE to be your first Ivory mouth piece call if your up to it.

Im thinking that turpin style look, amboyna, with Ivory. PM me about it.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Ok, I read I wouldnt be the first ivory so how about a first mammoth tusk or musk ox horn and Amboyna?
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

Del I'll start searching for some mammoth tusk or musk ox horn.  I do have one more piece of Amboyna burl I think.  The piece I have left is smaller than my usual and the bell end of the trumpet will not be as wide of an opening I don't think.  Not sure how this will affect the sound but I'll keep ya posted. 

Brian

savduck

Brian it doesnt need to be amboyna.....I just like that wood. Anything cool looking thats a different style wood. I would prefer a darker wood.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

About 3 1/4" long and 3/8 diameter if you got it, thanks.

Basser69

Want one with walrus from both of y'all! Let's get talk about it in some pm's

savduck

Quote from: Gitzit69 on January 25, 2012, 10:18:23 PM
I have to cut up some in the next couple of days, I'll see what I can do. Also got some more of that Walrus fossilized jaw bone. I used it on the desert ironwood call I sent to Nashville. It is very hard to turn but it's unique.
Dave   

Oh man....my mouth is watering. i liked that walrus bone for sure. I like that Desert iron wood to. I bet snake wood would look sweet with the walrus.
Georgia Boy

merocustomcalls

Lots of interesting wood and mouthpiece combinations being discussed here.  I wish I was standing over the lathe right now but I'm stuck at the fire station until tomorrow morning.