Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jakes,Doe and a Buck thats gonna be a stud!

Started by Flydown, January 23, 2012, 08:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flydown

Ronnie (Hardcore) and I have been getting some pictures of an 8 point that we were wanting to get a closer look at but the only problem is that this buck is in a bottom in between to hillsides and the wind swirls most of the time so we will not hunt this area unless its raining to help kill our scent. So last weekend it was pouring buckets so we went in and we had a great hunt. We had young Jake's in our face starting their dominance fights and a few doe waiting on the stud to show up..........He did but he was just a young stud and we gave him a pass to grow up a little. What a great hunt! These turkeys and the deer better enjoy this summer!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

HARDCORE

The turkeys were fun to watch and the sounds were awesome, that one dude is gonna be a goodun to hunt, he's got personality!

After nearly a hundred pics of that buck we finally got to see him for real. I'm glad we were patient and waited on the right conditions, he never even knew we were there. That's going to work in our favor next year, he'll make a great trophy for one of us, that is IF he's ready.

Fun day in the woods, enjoyed it Chris.

HC

HARDCORE

Btw guys, the video is in full HD so if your connection is fast enough and your computer can process it smoothly, you gotta watch in 1080.

HD

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TRKYHTR

I have to say that is some of the best preening video I have ever seen. They were having alot of fun and just being a turkey. Nice buck. I agree with Shannon SHOOT that thing.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Eric Gregg

Awesome jake action there, and that is one nice looking buck.
I would love to find ones sheds that are that size.........make some great rattling horns.
Great job :you_rock:

FttFttVroom!

Very cool video, thanks for sharing.  Funny how I am way more interested in the turkeys than the deer this time of year.  I had my fill of deer hunting and now I'm ready for spring!!!!!

HARDCORE

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on January 23, 2012, 10:32:24 PM
Funny how I am way more interested in the turkeys than the deer this time of year.

I agree with you, even though they were only jakes I have to admit that they got my blood pumping way more than the deer did.

Spring is just around the corner, hang in there buddy!    :gobble: :gobble:

HC

CASH

Great video guys. Ronnie, you were right not to put me in that stand that afternoon. If you had, he'd be at Toby's right now.  :toothy12:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

HARDCORE

Quote from: CASH on January 24, 2012, 06:23:07 AM
Ronnie, you were right not to put me in that stand that afternoon. If you had, he'd be at Toby's right now.  :toothy12:

I aint stupid Bob. :-)

We've played Hell keeping my Dad off of that tract, he's been foaming at the mouth since he saw the vid.

I just show him the pic of Chris's buck to remind him of what can be.

HC

CASH

LOL. I hear ya. He's got the one from the other day to foam over now too.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ncturkey

Basser69