turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke concerns for HW Federal 7 Mossberg Please Help

Started by agturkey, January 22, 2012, 04:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

I have some time today to order a choke but I am looking at my wifes new 20ga bantam and all the websites that show the xfull flush mossberg choke say lead only.  The choke that came with the gun just has xfull on it does not say lead only etc.  

Few questions...what brand choke are you all using in the mossberg 20 bantam?  Where are you buying them?

I am not wanting the tighest pattern want a good pattern as we know new hunters need a little room for error.

What types of patterns are your mossberg 20s putting up and with what chokes and shells are you getting your best results.

We have killed a lot with the federal hw 7 but this is a new gun...

Really not happy if this is a lead only choke that just puts me out a few more dollars on a new purchase.

What treads match up with the 20 gauge bantam? 

Thanks for insight and help!

sugarray

I believe those are Invector threaded chokes.  Based on my shooting of my 870, I shoot a Hastings .562 and got much better patterns with the Fed HW with it than with the .570.  I was getting 100-115 at 40 yds.  So, I would go .560 range if it was me.

Here ya go

DELETED THE BAD LINK

tiggere

You need a "Winchoke" for mossbergs...

http://shop.gameacc.net/WINCHESTER-BROWNING-MOSSBERG_c111.htm

If you have the 21" barrel my research from others on here suggests that the .555 will perform the best (thats what I got but have not patterned it yet)...if its a 24" barrel or longer the .570 is the one that seems to work best...

sugarray

I had forgotten the barrel length to choke correlation.  GREAT JOB REMEMBERING!!!  That is a very consistent correlation from last year.

agturkey

Tom Dooley

I get betwenn 115 and 120 at 40 with this same gun using Hevi Shot #6 and a .572 undertaker.

agturkey

BOFF

Thanks,

I'll be needing this info later.

God Bless,
David B.

SumToy

562 should give you 140 rang.  Have got more but I tell folks to look for 140 with the feds and 160 with the HV-13
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA