OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

How many here are "Pro Staffers" for call makers or other hunting equipment?

Started by rempumpman, January 21, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDoc

That "Crack Pipe" comment has made me laugh multiple times today. Priceless.  :TooFunny:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

wisconsinteacher

If you are looking to do it to get discounts, I will make this suggestion, teach hunters safety.  I do and am able to get perks from some of the big name companies along with helping kids get into the sport.  I don't do it for the discounts, but it is nice to be recognized by the companies that will sell things to the new hunters that I bring into the sports.

turkey slayer

Old Gobbler

Joe, That crack pipe story was a good one !!!  

I remember a story of a guy getting pulled over in the car for practicing with one while driving down the road by the police  
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FttFttVroom!

I have a family member who travels and does educational/promotional stuff for the hunting and fishing part of a big box company.  While he loves his job and it's perks are obviously nice, it keeps him from his family a lot and he rarely has time to hunt and fish for himself.  I have hit the road with him a few times and let me tell you, there's nothing better than doing it on your own terms.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 23, 2012, 11:11:07 PM
Joe, That crack pipe story was a good one !!!  

I remember a story of a guy getting pulled over in the car for practicing with one while driving down the road by the police  

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

CSAW

mountman62

I'm with Joe, but  I'm also on the Mossy Oak Pro Staff for Louisiana turkeys, and have been since August 2008, If I didn't believe in the product that they produce, I wouldn't be on it, I have always worn Mossy Oak, and, yes, I have a sticker on my truck window, right above the one that says NWTF with the walking turkeys on it, I agree with Joe on a lot of things, I'm not a professional turkey and don't profess to be, I enjoy promoting a great product, no, i don't buy a lot of the things i can get at a discount, i already got all i need to hunt with, yes, we do get some things free also once in a while, I just enjoy doing it and will continue as long as i can, I also try to promote calls for Heirloom Game Calls, Brian is a cancer survivor and a Vet, and makes some awesome pot calls, pens, knives and several different items, all from his garage. He also donates lots of calls to events and youth hunts, he also helps me and another Mossy Oak Pro Staff member, a lady that hunts more than 75% or 80% of all the people that i know with our NWTF banquets and Outreach programs, No, I don't carer for lots of the "Pro Staff" people that don't know what a duck or turkey looks like, but they knew someone, I just enjoy promoting items that I use and believe in
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

fountain2

I would love to get with some of the industry's finest companies and be on their staff...most would.  I "help" 2 good friends of mine...now whether im considered pro staff or not is on them..don't matter to me.  One makes turkeyrama call and the other chokes.  I use their products and support their business because the both have products I believe in and know I can trust day in, day out because they are solid.  I also support them both because they are both really good friends of mine, now that I have met them and worked with both.

Being in the outdoor industry has been my lifelong dream.  Hasn't happened yet...and honestly I doubt it will cause I don't have a clue on how to make it to.  I will keep doing my think and killing turkeys or whatever im after.  If I do get hooked up with a company one day...great, if not, its still good.  Thanks for those of you that do and do a good job at helping others.

Lumpy

I am a Hook's prostaffer and it was a absolute blessing when Scott asked me to be part of his team!!!! This was totally a door that God opened up for me, I have developed some close relationships with fellow believers and turkey hunters that I know I wouldn't have developed if it wasn't for being on with Hook's. Like mentioned before, I believe and have total confidence in Hook's products, and actually did long before becoming part of his team. Yes, I get some free stuff and discounted stuff, and that's pretty cool. But even if all that went away I would continue to stay with them. Scott gave me a chance when no one else would, and I he makes an awesome product!!!!!
God Bless
It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

vaturkey

Quote from: scott ellis on January 23, 2012, 08:14:19 PM
A ton of truth written here and Joe Slaton is my HERO!

se

I met Joe last year in Mississippi. If anyone was ever Genuine  it's Joe Slaton ! What a great guy & awesome turkey caller. I want to be just like him when I grow up !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey