OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

man cave make over

Started by fountain2, January 21, 2012, 12:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

With the arrival of a new gun safe, I decided to completely redecorate the man cave.  We with a nice butternut wood color...almost o.d. green and a spring gobbler border...those two tasks have takes the better part of the week!  The safe will hopefully be brought in tomorrow weather permitting.

I have plans for a cabinet/counter top table with a center chair space.  There will be several euro mounts arranged somehow along with some old barnwood/heart pine shadow boxes with beards and fan displays.  I also have a nwtf print I need framed in an old barnwood frame soon too...it has a nice green base color to match.

I have big plans...maybe it will all come together as planned, but y'all know how that usually ends up.  Anyways here is the color and border for now...I will update as I go

BOFF

I like the border and the color!!

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

Cool start! Can't wait to see more.

The Cohutta Strutter

Yep for sure, keep us tuned in. :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

fountain2

Alright,  I got the safe in and started to put some of it back together.  Got a few of the shadow boxed back up and plan to move a few to different areas of the house to make room.  Its still a cluttered mess, but once.I get the cabinet sectionals and counter top put in place I will be able to arrange everything and start to organize.   I also have to get the old gun cabinet out and computer and desk out as well.

I got some stuff up, but still have some euro deer mounts to hang and a special shadow box for my first Osceola along with 2 fan/beard/spur displays from the previous seasons.   I have 2 more large shadow boxes,  but will move them to other rooms.  One is a single fan with previous years beards that I found when I moved and the other is hundred year old heart pine with 2 fans butter together and beards and spurs from 2 seasons.   

Here is what I have so far...still a good ways to go...

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

fountain2

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

ddturkeyhunter

Nice, That gave me some idea's

cannonball

turkey slayer

fountain2

got 2 of the hs strut plaques for 3 beards/spurs and 1 fan ready to go almost...well one is done and i ran out of the beads on the second one.  i have got to figure out a better/less space consuming way to do the beards and spurs.  i have 3 more sets to go after the 2 plaque kits are done.  i love it tho!

fountain2

Haven't gotten very far.   I did get some cabinet sections and im gonna try to build a top for them and inlay some pics.  I have s few euro mounts ready for the wall and did some rearranging with some shadow boxes.....here's some pics

fountain2

Here are some turk displays

trkehunr93

Looks good.  I'm currently putting in my man cave, this gives me some great ideas.