turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ghillie Suit?

Started by SonicBanshee, January 20, 2012, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicBanshee

Should i use one and if so what kind do you all recommend :newmascot: ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :laugh: :police:
Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Eric Gregg

Ghillie Suits look awesome, and yes they help to minimize silhouette, but it doesn't make you invisible. The key is being still.
IMO, ghillie suit may be overkill. A less expensive, lighter, and cooler alternative would be a Leafy wear suit. When it gets hot you don't want to be walking around in a Ghillie suit.

Get that leafy wear suit, find you a good brush blowdown and sit in that thing and you will up your odds of not being seen by Tommy Three Toes. Or, you can find a good pine tree, pull up a fallen down limb and put that in front of you for a natural blind. That will eliminate the need to buy a portable blind too.

Best of luck and hope I gave some things for consideration.

wmahunter

Whitewater leafy suit.  Cool, lightweight, and great camo.

deltaeta

Leafy suit for me as well.

gobblingghost

ghillie jacket only with leaves added

Curtdawg88

Leafy suit is the way to go.  Much lighter and cooler.  One key thing to remember is that if you are sitting at the base of a big oak or something with little vegetation around you, then you will probably stand out.  Like stated above, drag a branch or something in front of you.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

WildTigerTrout

I have a leafy suit. I wear only the top though. I don't like the pants. It does break up your outline very well.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

hunts4ever

Yeah dont get one. get the leafy suit theyre way better. Its more important to stay still and have a good backdrop.

nyturkeyduster

Another good ghillie is made by Underbrush, check those out.  :camohat:

Wycliff

I use a leafy suit in Georgia the heat would kill  me in a gillie suit

jerseyjimk

i hear they are on the warm side

30_06

I prefer a leafy suit as well as they are much cooler. I use the ASAT leafy suit.

joker

JohnnieB

leafy suit or leafy poncho

handcannon

Another vote for the leafy suit. Mine is really breathable and I can wear just a dark T-shirt underneath and any pair of jeans that are comfortable and lightweight. A lot of times, I will spray mine down with the Pheromone aerosol to keep from breaking out the thermocell. There are a few people on here that love the Ghillie suits but I gotta have my gobbler vest wrapped around me so it's kinda defeating the purpose.