OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunt'n truck

Started by dirt road ninja, January 17, 2012, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Thought since we did our shotguns we could do the same with our hunting truck or 4 wheelers.

I shopped used 4 wheelers and for the price they wanted for a used bike I bought my Cherokee about 5 years ago. It's a 1995 with the 4.0. I've got a 3" lift with 32.5 x 10.5 mud tires on her. I don't drive it much on the road, usually tow her up to the camp and leave it. Had to bring it home this weekend for a little maintenance. A U-joint is starting to go out, the radio doesn't work and she got a pulley making noise. Other then that it runs great, always starts, the A/C works and goes in places you wouldn't think it could. Should have it back in fighting shape in a week or two.

The deer is one my son killed during the 09 season. Don't have many pic's of the jeep.

davisd9

I drive a Blue Ford Explorer Sport 4x4.  I bought it about 5 years ago when I was in tech school cause I wanted to try a SUV.  It has been good to me but man do I miss a truck.  I will never drive anything other than a truck again when I get an new vehicle.  Like I said I cannot complain about the Explorer.  It gets me where I need to go and has never put me on the roadside.  It is in the background of this picture of a big 6 point I killed (the buck is on my friend's truck, it was his turn to drive).

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Got this one on my wish list.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: JVA54 on January 17, 2012, 08:04:24 PM

That's my sister in laws truck

boomer

Here is mine '02 Dodge Cummins with 35x12.50

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 17, 2012, 08:21:26 PM

LOL!  That one got me laughing pretty good.  Well if she decides to sell it and JVA passes please contact me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: boomer on January 17, 2012, 08:33:01 PM
Here is mine '02 Dodge Cummins with 35x12.50

NICE!  Those cummins run like a dream.

JVA54

You southern folks have all the good stuff.

C J Stahly

I just sold my hunting truck.  Had a 94 standard cab ranger, 4cyl 2wd, manual.  She wasn't much to look at, but it ran like a top and never a single time did it not fire up. 

I guess I will have to choke on the gas price and drive my 4dr s10...you would think it would get decent fuel milage...but it likes the gas.

trkehunr93

03 Ford Ranger XLT Ext. Cab 4L V6 5 speed manual trans.  It's hauled many a deer and turkey since I bought it in '03.  Gonna drive it til it drops.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: JVA54 on January 17, 2012, 08:38:42 PM

Not all of it. I've seen some real prize winners north of the Masion Dixion line.

I've hunted Illinois a few times. Pike, Brown and Henry counties. Seen some giant bucks up there. Never turkey hunted it.

C J Stahly

Quote from: trkehunr93 on January 18, 2012, 11:12:33 AM
03 Ford Ranger XLT Ext. Cab 4L V6 5 speed manual trans.  It's hauled many a deer and turkey since I bought it in '03.  Gonna drive it til it drops.

If I wouldn't have needed a bigger truck, because of expanding family, I would have driven my 94 til it was absolutely no longer able to move.  I am a chevy man (or was/have been in the past) but that little ranger is probably the best truck I have owned.  Change the oil and they last forever.

JVA54

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 18, 2012, 01:00:07 PM

Not all of it. I've seen some real prize winners north of the Masion Dixion line.

I've hunted Illinois a few times. Pike, Brown and Henry counties. Seen some giant bucks up there. Never turkey hunted it.
[/quote
We do have a few of those.
Only have these little ones in white county.

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on January 19, 2012, 11:01:28 PM
Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 18, 2012, 01:00:07 PM

[/quote
We do have a few of those.
Only have these little ones in white county.

In my neck of the woods, that is a brute and a half!  Nice buck JVA53!

dirt road ninja

That's a good one! Looks to be mid 150's. Bow or shotgun?