OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

bps or 835

Started by Leader, January 17, 2012, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leader

What say you, newbie here and got choices to buy.
I did a search but nothing showed up,still learning forum.

runngun

Welcome to OG. Get the BPS, as another member says, FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SHOOT MOSSBERGS. lol

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    RAY
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: runngun on January 17, 2012, 04:07:21 PM
Welcome to OG. Get the BPS, as another member says, FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS SHOOT MOSSBERGS. lol

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
   RAY
Well my friends let me shoot Mossbergs and the Browning I owned wouldn't come close to out shooting my 835.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

But it all depends on what you want in a shotgun.  You want the better quality made gun then the Browning would be the better choice.  You want a shotgun that will shoot better than the Browning and still last probably most of your lifetime buy the Moss 835.  I sold my Browning if that will help you in your decision becasue I chose the latter. 

Leader

Thx for replies,anyone else...

stinkpickle

Shoulder them both and see which one fits better.  I own both.  My BPS is more comfortable.  My 835 patterns better.

dirt road ninja

835 if your only hunting turkeys. If you plan on using it on other game the bps. I never cared for the way a bps loaded and unloaded. I don't like flipping it upside down to check the chamber. Tough to beat a mossy in the Spring.

chatterbox

I can't comment on the BPS, but I enjoy my 835 ALOT!
Best patterning shotgun I have shouldered.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: chatterbox on January 17, 2012, 07:38:46 PM
I can't comment on the BPS, but I enjoy my 835 ALOT!
Best patterning shotgun I have shouldered.

You got that right.  No doubt about it. 

bird

Quote from: runngun on January 17, 2012, 04:07:21 PM

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    RAY

:icon_thumright:

Mossberg835

DMP

If all you want to do iS turkey hunt with it then get the 835.  If your wanting to do some wing shooting then get the BPS.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Leader

Likin' the info,keep it coming,thx!!!!!

cannonball

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 17, 2012, 04:50:59 PM
Shoulder them both and see which one fits better.  I own both.  My BPS is more comfortable.  My 835 patterns better.

:agreed: Buy the one that fits you the best.