OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crazy week for my family

Started by hobbes, January 17, 2012, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

We've had to drive back to IL for a funeral.  My wife's grandfather passed away last Friday and the funeral was yesterday.  Melvin was 89.  He was a good man, and outlived 3 wives.  He served in WWII.  He was a friend of my grandfathers and he was my bus driver when I was in kindergarten (a long time ago).  Melvin's death has been expected for about a month, his health had failed to the point that it was prayed for.  He is definitely in a better place with his Savior. 

We will be driving back starting tomorrow and arriving Thursday night so I can go back to work Friday.  If you ever wondered how long the drive from Helena, MT to Brookport, IL is..................it took 28 hrs straight through.

However, without trying to belittle the loss of Melvin, that was not the most traumatic thing that has happend in the last several days.  On Wednesday night last week our big loveable lab, Remi, was killed by a car.  The new road we live on has a 55 speed limit and my son has been really good about always taking him out on a lead rope to let him use the bathroom.  However, on wednesday night we were getting in bed and he was begging to go out, so I let him run outside.  He usually runs up the hill behind the house, uses the bathroom, and comes running back to the door.  I stepped inside, turned off a light or two, then back outside and yelled for him.  He didn't come, so I turned back in mad that he was goofing off and saaid "the idiot can just sleep outside in the cold", then I heard it.  A car was passing on the road and we all heard a really loud bang.  I dove for my keys and drove down the driveway an out to the road.  I drove right first and saw nothing.  Praying that it was nothing, I spotted him as I turned back to the left and up the hill.  Teh car came back to see if they had killed him.  They were upset that it had happend and I'm sure he stepped right out from under the rail int front of them. 

We had a dog die in CO taht swallowed a ball and messed up his intestines.  REmi would have been 4 in April and was the most loving dog I've ever had.  I'm not sure I'lll have another.  Keeping a dog in the house turns them into a family member and I don't thin k any of us can bear losing another one of them.

lightsoutcalls

Sorry to hear of both of your losses. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hognutz

My condolences to you and your family. That is a tough week. So sorry...Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

Sorry for the double loss. We just lost my mother in aw and our dog and we too are not  going to have another one as it is too hard to loose one.

honker22

Sorry for your losses.

-Same thing just happend to my 3.5 year old black lab.  A dog came in heat, and he got out of the Invisible Fence, travelled about .5 mile and was run over.  I feel for ya.   :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

flintlock

So sorry to hear of the families' losses.

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Eric Gregg

I am sorry to hear of your loses, and pray that everything will start looking up for you soon.

redarrow

DUCKDIGGLER

Prayers to you and your family. God Bless.

drenalinld

So sorry to hear of your losses.

Leader

Cove

I hate these posts, my 10 year old yellow is laying down at my feet now and I couldn't imagine! So sorry for your loss.

boomer

Sorry for your losses. Prayers on the way. :cross2: :cross2:

gobble157

Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

turkey slayer

Sorry for the family, sounds like a rough spell. :jesus-cross: :jesus-cross: