turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let the buying begin

Started by C J Stahly, January 17, 2012, 07:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C J Stahly

Went to Bass Pro Sunday and Monday (stayed at a hotel across the parking lot).  Picked up a box of mag blends....had a ton of stuff in my hands at one point or another, just coudnt seem to spend the money.  

I got the MBs to try in the 870.  They didn't have any # heavy shot other than 4s or I probably would have gotten another box.  

Post up all the new stuff you decide or want (whether planned or not) to pick up for the season.

I have bought some ammo, new barrel for my 870, new choke (PG .670 for the tristar), Fiber optic sights.

The 870 still needs: JH .665, saddle mount, Dot/Scope, ShurShot stock/forend.
The Tristar needs: Rail, dot/Scope, pistol grip stock, if I can get ahold of one.

davisd9

Well up through deer season I was looking at my turkey things and was thinking, "you really do not need much of anything this year.  Maybe a few shells but that should do it."  All I have to say to that now is  :lol:!!!

So far I have bought a bottomland long sleeve T-shirt, Primos gloves, a bore snake, a box of mag blends, poly liner socks, a cane yelper, a Copper Pot call, a Jellyhead .690 for 835, Legacy mouth calls (2), Lacrosse 12" SST rubber boots (B-day gift from the wife, have not officially received them yet), "Illumination of the Flatwoods" by Joe Hutto, and Mossy Oak Graphics tape.  That is all I believe or all tha I am willing to remember right now.

Only other things I can think of right now that I will definitely pick up is another bow of Mag Blends and some Hevi 6s 3" 2oz, but there  will probably be more coming this way.  It is just a matter of time.   :icon_thumright:

Hope the wife does not read this.  ;)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

In the past month. I purchased 2 new pot calls one slate and one copper. 2 20 gauge brushes, 1 10 gauge brush, a mesh back ball cap, a used 11-87, a pile of Hevi 13, a second gobbler lounger, a .570 JH for the 20 gauge, truglo sights for the 20, and some spray paint. I like the loungers, but hate the fact that the back isn't camo. I spray them down. It hOlds up well.

Things I'll pick if I see;

A pot call holster that fits on a belt.
A small back pack for my son.
That's all I can think of. I try not to carry much stuff.

JVA54

Looking to get a vest a couple of pot calls and stock up on some ammo. Maybe a JH .665 for my 870.

boomer

Just want to buy some new Hooks mouth calls. But I got the new Midwest turkey call catalog today. Well I see alot of stuff I could use.

C J Stahly

I think I decided I really want a Mueller....hmmm....now, do I get one for each gun??  Might just get one, and get a cheaper dot for the Tstar. 

M,Yingling

May look into getting vest this year ,,Not sure yet ,,
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

C J Stahly

I just bought a mossy oak obsession leafy suit for about half price NWT....It was a good buy. 

I also just picked this up (or as soon as he gets me his paypal info) from our very own M, Yingling
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,16125.0.html

I am going tomorrow to order my mossy oak obsession shurshot stock and foreend from Dicks. 

C J Stahly

I couldnt help it....for the price he told me I went ahead and bought me a new aluminum too.....

Thanks Mike! 

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,10127.0.html

davisd9

Got my copper pot call in the mail today from M,Yingling.  It is beautiful and sounds better!   Cannot wait to use it this April!  Come on Spring.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

Picked up a Benelli SBE, fixing to buy some more H13 3.5" #7's, and hopefully get a sycamore copper call from M,Yingling.

deltaeta

SX3, new nat gear pants and shirt, ammo, targets...it's an addiction.

C J Stahly

Quote from: deltaeta on January 20, 2012, 05:12:08 PM

Oh, thats an understatement.....

There has been a few 100.00 days the last two weeks....The wife is gonna kill me.

dirt road ninja

Quote from: C J Stahly on January 20, 2012, 09:21:48 PM
Quote from: deltaeta on January 20, 2012, 05:12:08 PM

Oh, thats an understatement.....

There has been a few 100.00 days the last two weeks....The wife is gonna kill me.

It is easier to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission.

C J Stahly

Oh, I've gotten pretty good at getting by with it.  She gets huffy and says "why" and then thats about the end of it....

We are expecting our second child soon...so I am "spending it while I can"  lol