turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

should have let yall in on it.

Started by savduck, January 16, 2012, 08:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Had Joe make me up a trumpet. Been top secret. Ill get a video out in a few days.

She is very beautiful, craftmanship is great. Has a deeper raspy yelp and cluck. Can get loud very easy with it. Two cool things Ive noticed for beginning trumpet users. 1. If you dont know how to manipulate your grip for back pressure, this one will yelp without you having to do it. The internals have built in back pressure. 2 it also does soft stuff very easy. It is a meat call for sure. Will kill them dead.

This is the second turkey call Ive gotten from Joe, first was a copper pot call. They both are loaded with turkey and very well built. Thank you Joe.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

His trumpets have went from how do I center the hole to very desirable overnight. Can't wait to see and hear it.

Basser69

Quote from: drenalinld on January 16, 2012, 11:01:03 PM
His trumpets have went from how do I center the hole to very desirable overnight. Can't wait to see and hear it.

David hit the nail or should I say trumpet on the mouthpiece!

TRKYHTR

Quote from: drenalinld on January 16, 2012, 11:01:03 PM

You got that right. I didn't know which end to screw up first. Thanks to Dave Smith, Brian Mero, and Mike Williams. They all helped me alot with my trumpet building. Now I just got to get better at using them. I can hold my own but still am not as proficient with it like I want to be.

TRKYHTR
Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

drenalinld

You and me both Joe. I did start to find a lot of turkey in the trumpet you made me

maustypsu

Luckily I never bought one when Joe was glueing them upside down!!!

But I did get my Amboyna Burl trumpet from Joe and it is amazing.  I can see now why that wood was $100 for such a small piece!!!  I'm glad that wood got in the hands of someone who could turn it into something functional as well as beautiful. 

Too bad it's in my hands now and not being used by someone who could get everything out of it.  How hard are you supposed to blow on these things???  I just keep blowing and blowing and - nothing!   ;D

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basser69

Quote from: maustypsu on January 18, 2012, 09:47:46 PM
Luckily I never bought one when Joe was glueing them upside down!!!
But I did get my Amboyna Burl trumpet from Joe and it is amazing.  I can see now why that wood was $100 for such a small piece!!!  I'm glad that wood got in the hands of someone who could turn it into something functional as well as beautiful. 

Too bad it's in my hands now and not being used by someone who could get everything out of it.  How hard are you supposed to blow on these things???  I just keep blowing and blowing and - nothing!   ;D

That was one killer looking trumpet you got! Sen :icon_thumright:d it down south and I will make sure there is some blood on it for 'ya