turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Magblend advertisement.

Started by westtennhunter, January 16, 2012, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westtennhunter

I just saw the advertisement on BPS website about Magblends. It says: "With Pattern-Density™ Technology, this blend of 5, 6, and 7 shot puts an average of 294 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards" What set up are they using to AVERAGE 294 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards??!!?? I am shooting 3.5 magblends through a 24" barrel with a lengthened forcing cone and .660 Jellyhead. I am averaging 210 in 10@40. I thought my patterns were great. Am I that far off from average?

allaboutshooting

I don't know what they were using but I expect it was one of the Hevi-13 Turkey Chokes and a somewhat longer barrel.

In my work with the 3" shells, I got 211 with a Benelli SBE and my 24" barrel and 234 when I went to the 26" barrel with the same gun. As I recall those numbers went up correspondingly when I shot them in my 28" barrel with the same gun but I can't find the pictures. All were 10" numbers at 40 yards.

Barrel length can make some difference, at least with the 3" Magnum Blend shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

westtennhunter

Thanks Clark. Always appreciate your expertise and taking time to answer. We actually tested the Hevishot choke next to the JH with almost identical results. I am going to try to find out what they used. Averaging 294 is just crazy!

FttFttVroom!

Yeah, that number sounds a little bit too good to be true....they should have a disclaimer with an outrageous claim like that.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I wish they would gather up their great Magblend loads and head out to the range with me and let me count their 10" patterns,  That number would go down tremendously in the real world.  Now with 7's I will buy those numbers and then some with the 3.5" loads.

Old Gobbler

There is a reason that there are many longer barrels / 30 inch barrels at the still shoots

I have a 28" nova that points { to me}better than some other shorter barreled pumps 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

drenalinld

Keep in mind the inconsistency of HS. Their test load may have been closer to 6, 7, & 8's?

Gobble!

I think it's bs. Few break 250 with the blends

westtennhunter

mightyjoeyoung

This is only 35 yards (all I had to work with), but I got 345 in my 835 and a .670 SSX even with pulling the shot a bit d/t a bit of a flinch from shooting 4 other guns that day.    Pretty sure those #s won't degrade too bad in those extra 5 yards or so...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Neill_Prater

So I suppose none of you guys ever noticed that the bucket of KFC on TV is rounded up over the top, or that the burger you bought somehow doesn't look quite like the one in the ad?  :)

n2deer

I was getting around 230s in my Citori. Less in my SBE.

SBE is a 24incher and the Citori is a 28 I believe.

FttFttVroom!

It shouldn't matter to me anyhow since I never plan on shooting them thru my gun to begin with :fud:

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Neill_Prater on January 19, 2012, 10:49:29 AM
So I suppose none of you guys ever noticed that the bucket of KFC on TV is rounded up over the top, or that the burger you bought somehow doesn't look quite like the one in the ad?  :)

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

nyhunter

the best i got was 160-190 with the magblends out of my SBEII 24" barrel and a finalstrut 665. I tried IC.665,Jellyhead .660,final strut .655 .660 .665 .670. I believe they call this "FALSE ADVERTISMENT". :bike2: