OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest Input

Started by gatrapper, January 15, 2012, 08:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Got to get me a new one.

Had a cheapo whitewater one for years and decided to upgrade last season to the Cabelas Super Tat'r 2.  Good vest that displaced the weight well with a great seat and back padding....but just way to bulky and the pocket locations sucked if you were sitting down.

Need something with back padding, good thick seat, and good pockets/storage.

Input?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Devastator

i love my limbhanger vest.and a bird will fit in the pouch after you lay the vest on the ground unhook the buckles lay it open,put your bird on it then bring it back up and hook the buckles.seemed kind of nice.

ddturkeyhunter

I had gotten the Cabals Tat's 2 vest also and I agree on the pockets when you are sitting down they are terrible for getting calls out. I hope you get some good input on this tread I need a new vest also.

Gamblinman

Quote from: timb on January 15, 2012, 08:40:30 PM
i love my limbhanger vest.and a bird will fit in the pouch after you lay the vest on the ground unhook the buckles lay it open,put your bird on it then bring it back up and hook the buckles.seemed kind of nice.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TNBIRD

Try looking at wingsupply!   :icon_thumright:

ctwny1

Make sure you take a look at Ol'Tom Dura- Lite Time and Motions vests.One heck of a great vest.

anthonyjhallen

I use the super elite 3 in bottomland.  I am a little OCD about keeping things organized where I know where everthing is.  It has enough pockets for about anything you want to carry.  If I where you I would wait until USAhuntinggear gets done with their vest they are making now.  If its the same as the one they are trying to copy, it may be a good choice.

ThicketThrasher

I like the Super Elite III. Lots of pockets and the seat is the best I've seen. Back padding is a little weak though.

SWAMPFOX

i like the strap style vests with a sternum strap the best 

boomer

My vote would be for a limbhanger vest.

WVhuntEER

The limbhanger is a great vest.  The only thing I don't like about it is the cushion.  To me it isn't very comfortable and goes flat pretty quick.  When I was using that vest I carried a fatboy cushion in my vest to make up for it.  Then again, I am picky when it comes to vests.   ;D

runngun

I have the Ol'Tom and the cabelas with the kickstand and love both !!!

Good Luck and God Bless

Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

n2deer

I got tired of toting around a hot heavy vest. I personally bought me a great seat. the fat boy hunt comfort and only take the stuff I use. Facemask, gloves, shells, two slate calls, and a few moth calls.

If hunting mid day hunts I try to hide really good and use the gobbler lounge.

westtennhunter

I like the turkeylounger with the seat straps. Sit anywhere comfortably with or without a tree.

gob09

i have an elite 3 and a cabelas but since gettin the gobbler lounger i may just quit useing one for me the elite's seat is good for about 30 min. then it gets real hard to seat very much longer