OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

535 ATS Tactical/ A.T.I cheek rest

Started by Crappiepro, January 14, 2012, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

OK guys, Any one have any experience with the A.T.I. adjustable cheek rest for the 6-position stocks on the 535 ATS Tactical turkey guns? I was thinkin that this maybe just what I was needing to get alittle extra height and be able to use the scope or Mueller site. They range in price from $10 to $20 shipped. 2 out of 8 said it was useful but the other 6 said it wasn't much difference in their set-ups. Any thought?

mcgruff1533

If you're planning on using a scope, the riser would probably be a useful accessory.    The ATI adjustable stock on the 535 Tactical Turkey has quite a bit of drop which positions your eye quite low on the bore axis.

The cheek riser should raise your cheek and eye to the proper level when using a scope.     I use a red dot sight on my 535 TT and my cheek/ eyes are positioned just right with the red dot.     I could see how using a scope could be problematic without the riser however.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 14, 2012, 02:50:30 PM
OK guys, Any one have any experience with the A.T.I. adjustable cheek rest for the 6-position stocks on the 535 ATS Tactical turkey guns? I was thinkin that this maybe just what I was needing to get alittle extra height and be able to use the scope or Mueller site. They range in price from $10 to $20 shipped. 2 out of 8 said it was useful but the other 6 said it wasn't much difference in their set-ups. Any thought?

I have one of those on an 870 and it puts me in the right position for using a scope. It also comes with a stick-on soft pad that feels good to the cheek.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Crappiepro

Thanks Guys!! I think I'll order one and see what happens.