OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are you shooting?

Started by cannonball, January 13, 2012, 06:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Here is mine...

Remington 870 Super Mag with 3.5" Hevi-13 #7 shot with a Jelly Head choke
This was my late father's gun, he bought it about 12 years ago. We went together to a local sporting goods store to buy a couple of guns to start turkey hunting. He chose this one, I bought a Mossberg 835 that I still have. He started getting sick a few months before season that year and we never started turkey hunting. I wanted to honor him by one day taking a turkey with the gun he never got to shoot. I did a few modifications to the gun to make it better for turkey hunting.

Before pic...

After pic...

cannonball

Here is how she shoots...

savduck

Cannonball,  :begging: thats a tooth rattler you got there.......I gave up my 3.5 inch 870 years ago. Those are two fine looking weapons though. I hope you get you one with your pappy's old gun. If you make the trip...bring it with you. You got to draw first blood with that gun. Trust me on that.

I'll have my stoeger m2000 pistol grip, but Im also modifying the little remington 870 20 ga my dad got for my 6 year old son. So far its got a sum toy 562, 6 boxes of federal HW 7s, a black claw sling,  and a burris fast fire. He isnt big enough to hold it right  yet, so I figured Id get it good and broken in for him. We are gonna try to let him kill one with it though. I'll put him in my lap with it against my shoulder and let him pull the trigger.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 13, 2012, 07:05:49 PM
Cannonball,  :begging: thats a tooth rattler you got there.......I gave up my 3.5 inch 870 years ago. Those are two fine looking weapons though. I hope you get you one with your pappy's old gun. If you make the trip...bring it with you. You got to draw first blood with that gun. Trust me on that.

I'll have my stoeger m2000 pistol grip, but Im also modifying the little remington 870 20 ga my dad got for my 6 year old son. So far its got a sum toy 562, 6 boxes of federal HW 7s, a black claw sling,  and a burris fast fire. He isnt big enough to hold it right  yet, so I figured Id get it good and broken in for him. We are gonna try to let him kill one with it though. I'll put him in my lap with it against my shoulder and let him pull the trigger.

It's not that bad, just a small love pat to the shoulder when you squeeze the trigger. ;D  I am planning on bringing it down with me, I am going to make sure I shoot my first bird with this gun. Sounds like your son has a nice turkey rig waiting on him when he is ready. :icon_thumright:

savduck

Cannonball do you have a picture of your dad holding that gun?
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 13, 2012, 10:21:28 PM

No, I wish I did though.

TRKYHTR

I shoot a Benelli SBE. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: cannonball on January 13, 2012, 10:33:07 PM

No, I wish I did though.

How about make sure you get one with you and your son holding the gun together. bring it with you or post it up on here. Sorry, im scheming on something.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Gitzit69 on January 13, 2012, 10:41:32 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 10:36:35 PM

TRKYHTR
What pellet gun you shooting Joe?

I shoot a RWS .22 CAL. forget that pellet gun stuff. I using my boomb gun. lol

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Dave thats a sweet rifle. Thats wild you guys can shoot them with it.

Man  many a bull frogs has died with an old .22 crossman. Cant remember what I did with it.

I shot a dove one time with 12 pumps sitting on a power wire and it exploded. Literally a puff of feathers.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 13, 2012, 10:40:43 PM
Quote from: cannonball on January 13, 2012, 10:33:07 PM

No, I wish I did though.

How about make sure you get one with you and your son holding the gun together.

I can make that happen. :icon_thumright:

savduck

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 10:48:15 PM
Quote from: Gitzit69 on January 13, 2012, 10:41:32 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 10:36:35 PM

TRKYHTR
What pellet gun you shooting Joe?

I shoot a RWS .22 CAL. forget that pellet gun stuff. I using my boomb gun. lol

TRKYHTR

:icon_thumright: My man. i still like watching that head snap back myself.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

I have a RWS 48 Diana myself. It's great on small game, illegal on turkeys here though.

drenalinld

I shoot SBE II 28" bbl with PG 0.670" and Hevi 7's or Nitro 7's. My 2nd gun is 870 SP Super Mag with 0.655" Kicks GT and Win XR HD # 6's. Just beads for me.

Houndstooth Game Calls

SBE 3 1/2 is my ghetto blaster I take to the turkey woods!!! Never let me down!