turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I am thinking spring.

Started by wisconsinteacher, January 12, 2012, 09:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

In my last post, I asked about playing surfaces and after reading, there are 7 surfaces that are commonly used.  I have slate, aluminum, and will have bronzed glass.  I would love to collect all 7 surfaces but I would like them to come from different makers.  So if you were going to buy a copper, glass, crystal, and ceramic what call and from who would you get them from?

My aluminum is from M. Yingling, slate from Lights Out, and bronzed glass from Hooks.

870BkWht

You should buy a Crystal Mistress from David Halloran.  Pappy, Lightsout, Andy Kaiser of Kaisers Kalls, Stone Road Turkey Calls all make killer pot calls and you can have your pick of surface/wood/striker from anyone of them.  I have calls from all of the above. 

That being said, I dont think you will find a bad call from anyone on this board. 

Cut*N*Run

Daryl Slaton makes some of the best looking and sounding calls. I have a curly maple copper call that I love.

Another one of my favorites is a ceramic call I got from Ryan Bonjour. It's flawless and plays really, really well.