OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crossbow Targets.

Started by redarrow, January 12, 2012, 12:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

What type/brand do you crossbow shooters use ? A fella could throw his back out trying to pull arrows/bolts out of the targets i've used.It literally takes two men and a boy to remove arrows from my Delta target or the plastic bag filled target i use.

WIRE PALADIN

Hone your bowhunting skills with the Big Green Fast Stop Target. Two sided target made of 100% recycled material. Can be used for both bows and crossbows, use only with field points. Crossbow rated to 350 FPS. Closed cell foam core system offers easy arrow removal. White target symbols are very easy to see in sights. Multiple target spots for longer life. Makes for a great camp target. Dimensions: 18" x 18" x 12" weighs 22 Lbs. Made in the USA.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=450838&pdesc=Big_Green_Fast_Stop_Target&aID=503AB8A&merchID=4006

PAT
:chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

redarrow

Thanks. I may need to go to Gander and check it out.

vaturkey

Block 4x4 is what I use !  No problem with pulling out field points or broadheads .   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

TauntoHawk

man dad uses the rinehart 18-1 with his crossbow.. easy pull, lasts way longer than a block, is really light weight with a handle

he keeps it in the truck so he can unload after the hunt.

not cheap but ours looks brand new after 2 seasons of heavy use
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Devastator

rhinehart 18-1 is the best hands down.i see ten point has a new gadget coming out that looks like pliers to pull out arrows,may have to invest in some if i get another xbow.

allchokedup

I had the same problem. I just bought the SpyderWeb 1.5 XL and you can remove your bolts with 2 fingers. The target is for field points only. I have the Rhinehart Rhino Brute and unless you use scorpion venom or a bar of soap on your bolts...forget it...they are hard as heck to get field points out, Broad heads are not too hard to remove.

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: redarrow on January 12, 2012, 12:22:43 PM
What type/brand do you crossbow shooters use ? A fella could throw his back out trying to pull arrows/bolts out of the targets i've used.It literally takes two men and a boy to remove arrows from my Delta target or the plastic bag filled target i use.

I know what you mean, I have to set my target on it's side, set my knees down on it, and pull like hell to get them out.  >:(

redarrow

I just got off of You Tube checking out the Rinehart 18-1. That target is the schnizel fo sho. 109 bucks at Cabela and 99 bucks at Gander. Thanks for the heads up guys

FttFttVroom!

I've got an old WILL-STOP bag target, and its easy two finger removal every time.  I shoot a 340 fps Parker Terminator.

Gobble!

WalMart sells a good bag taget for field tips only that is super easy to remove arrows from

Gold Spur

I use a Block Classic. You can use field tips, broadheads and expandables with easy removal.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

redarrow

The block I have is hard to remove bolts from. I bought it to use for unloading after the hunt, so it it gets shot at maybe 5-6 feet.

Ol'Mossy

Ten Point Crossbows came up with a great idea for pulling arrows out
they are around $20.00, I know i'm going to invest in one:

TenPoint Introduces Bednar Perfect Puller

Mogadore, OH. At the January 2012 ATA Trade Show, TenPoint Crossbow Technologies® expanded their innovative accessory lineup with the introduction of the NEW Bednar Perfect Puller™. These universal multi-use pliers designed for pulling arrows were originally developed by the late Archery Hall of Fame member and TenPoint co-founder, Bill Bednar.

Designed to pull arrows from high density targets, the pliers are packaged with three interchangeable grippers sized to fit different shaft diameters of both crossbow and compound arrows. The black grippers are made from Santoprene® for superior grip strength and can be bonded to the pliers using adhesive patches included in the package. The hunter orange handles, made of 50% glass reinforced thermoplastic urethane for durability, are notched to create a built-in nock tool.

"With today's high-powered crossbows and vertical bows, pulling arrows – especially carbon arrows - out of high-density targets can be nearly impossible at times," said TenPoint CEO Rick Bednar. "These arrow-pullers eliminate this aggravation, keep your arrows straight, prevent your hand from slipping, and require less hand grip- strength to pull the arrow."

redarrow

Looks like one of them puppies will be heading to my door soon.However you will still have to wrestle the block style targets,or sit on the ground and brace it with your feet.