turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

Started by harvester, February 18, 2011, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

IVE HEARD THE CALL YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT IT'S KINDA LIKE A LOW TONE WHISTLE OR MAYBE LOW VOLUME PURR

unclerick

Wes your right, it's sorta like a long gated purr with out the urr and a putt mixed in there.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Are you all talkin about the "whine"?

unclerick

Quote from: harvester on February 24, 2011, 08:25:05 PM
That may be what Shawn is talking about.

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on February 24, 2011, 08:27:08 PM
Quote from: harvester on February 24, 2011, 08:25:05 PM
That may be what Shawn is talking about.

There is thread in the general forum "purr and the whine" it has a video of tame turkeys making the sounds Shawn maybe talkin about.

harvester

Quote from: moore on February 25, 2011, 07:34:56 AM
I talk to joe aka trkyhntr and we were discussing it and that why he made the video, He said the he never heard that from his turkeys and the ones he hunts.He thought I was were refering to the whine is the only thing that came close to what I was talking about

Was that it (whine)?

harvester

Quote from: moore on February 25, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
yes sir it is
Man I am glad it was, it was reckon havoc on my mind, I just couldn't figure out what you was talking about at first. I kept thinkin, is there something I haven't  heard of before, other than the squeeling hen.

gob09

the time i heard the sound im talking about i was sittin in the trck on the side of the road i think it was early fall rick was with me but he couldnt hear it
the birds were about 20 yrds from the truck  they were feeding in a field to me it seemed like they were out to lunch and just carrieing on a lite conversation

t_eagen13

Just got my calls in the mail today. I got the 2 reed Whistler and the 2 reed Secret weapon and they both sound great. VERY easy to blow, I love the rasp of the SW. They will both be in my vest. Thanks a lot Dan, hope they can help me knock some birds down.  :icon_thumright:

mfd1027

Good deal Travis.   Now go and kill something with them.     :fud::newmascot:
Dan

unclerick

Well guys have ya'll been practiceing on these mouth calls ? I sure have, I have honestly gotten so good that yesterday driveing down the road in my gas truck I was running the Secret Weapon and looked in my mirror and there were 4 gobbleing toms chaseing me down Carter Blake rd.... :toothy12:

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 02, 2011, 08:18:33 AM
Well guys have ya'll been practiceing on these mouth calls ? I sure have, I have honestly gotten so good that yesterday driveing down the road in my gas truck I was running the Secret Weapon and looked in my mirror and there were 4 gobbleing toms chaseing me down Carter Blake rd.... :toothy12:

Well I have not experienced that yet BUT I have had them danged ole hens peckin at my truck and flying over it poopin on it whenever I'm in it practicing. I guess they are jelous that I sound so better than they do. I've got feathers and claw marks all over it.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

gob09

no kiddin did you see tom's on carter blake rd  ???

unclerick

No Wes, but it did sound good.

harvester

Quote from: gob09 on March 02, 2011, 06:18:50 PM
no kiddin did you see tom's on carter blake rd  ???

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: He gotcha going.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: