OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

THEY HAVE ARRIVED!!!!

Started by harvester, February 18, 2011, 05:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrkyhntr

Got the calls yesterday will be running them today thank you Dan.

mfd1027

I figured they might take and extra day to get up to the frozen tundra.  lol   

Glad you guys like em- now go practice with em and let's kill some birds!!
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Dan I love both of these calls.  I especially like the Whistler.  Betweeen these two new calls, my new pot from last week, and my new wing bone, my new neighbors are gonna hate me.  I had the old ones pretty well trained, but these new ones don't know what to think of the strange sounds they hear coming from my house. 

harvester

Quote from: Hawken on February 19, 2011, 07:17:38 PM
Dan I love both of these calls.  I especially like the Whistler.  Betweeen these two new calls, my new pot from last week, and my new wing bone, my new neighbors are gonna hate me.  I had the old ones pretty well trained, but these new ones don't know what to think of the strange sounds they hear coming from my house. 

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

harvester

Dan, I ran them calls again today and I think I got them down pretty good, just need to work on the keekee just a tad bit more. I need to be just a bit more consistent on it, in my opinion. :icon_thumright:

keyser12ga

I absolutely love the whistler, it has a very unique sound and I haven't heard anything like it.  I'm going to be starting out with it in the mornings and I know it is going to be my fall call.  I really like the rasp of the sw.  I just need to get a cd of turkeys and practice up.

mfd1027

I'm working on a short instructional vid. for those that might need a little help.   There's lot's of folks out there that just went out to Wally World where they bought their first call  and  they started calling without having anyone really show them what they need to do.   I think it will help.      I'm think I'm also going to add another model.   I've had quite a few requests for a hard cutt'n and yelp'n call and I've just been making them up and sending them out.   If that's your bag you'll love this call.   
Dan

keyser12ga

The instructional video would be great Dan.   I really struggle with cutting and cackling on the mouth call but can get by.  I can't purr well to save my life. 

mfd1027

Josh,  unfortunately this first vid. is a real starter vid. and only will cover yelping and how to do a two noted yelp.   I'll work on another one that's a little more advanced once I get this one worked out.   
Dan

mfd1027

I do the same thing as Shawn.   To practice say them to yourself 3-4 times and then use the call formulating the words as you exhale air from your diaphragm.    For cutting I use "back",  cluck- "pot",  yelp-  "whelp" and I purr like Shawn does by a combination of tongue flutter and gargling.   For a fighting purr I use my lips a "lot" more.   
Dan

keyser12ga

Thanks for the tips, I will be practicing on the way home!

harvester

Quote from: moore on February 20, 2011, 05:19:22 PM
.I also through a feeding call that sounds like whoot  woo like your whistling to a women.I heard it on a tree top turkey by woodhaven,I posted in there forum and they said it was a feeding call. Has anyone else heard something to that dan

Nope, I would like to hear some audio of it though.

mfd1027

I can't say I've ever heard a feeding call like that.   I'd like to hear it too.   In all honesty I'm a yelper, lol,  but if you guys have aspirations of getting in some contests you need to know how to do all that stuff.   I was just goofing around yelping on a single reed call. lol   That's how we learned way back when.   I know I could just go into the woods with one single reed call and kill a bird.  That would be a pretty good challenge.  One bullet-one call. lol     :z-paddy-smiley113:
Dan

harvester

Quote from: moore on February 20, 2011, 07:11:54 PM
Yeah I dont know if the guy form woodhaven was pulling my leg thats I asked you guys
:bike2:

mossybird

Got em today! sound great and LOUD!