turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem."Wingmaster" HTL?

Started by WildTigerTrout, January 11, 2012, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

Anybody have any experience with Remington's "Wingmaster" HTL shotshells. Patterns? Kills? etc. Thanks.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

mightyjoeyoung

They're great!!...if you're going to rob the shot out for reloading!   :help:  I have something like 30 boxes of the 1 5/8 ounce 6s and about the same in 4s.  Shot them through 5 different guns and a bunch of different chokes and the ONLY decent pattern was out of my 835 and a .670 TG SSX and that pattern only held up to a little over 30 yards.  It does however just DESTROY ducks and geese!  Put it through my SBE II and a Carlson's Super Steel mid range and got nice even waterfowl patterns. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

I,ve heard that they have been discontinued
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TauntoHawk

My buddy shot them last year, and loved them. He said they patterned really well for him, not as good as Hevi but better than lead and got it crazy cheap like $6 box or something.

Killed both his birds plenty dead, think his shots were between 30-40.

The price of Hevi sure does sting but only for a second, missing a gobbler hurts all year Garenteed
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mnbeardbuster

Picked up 10 boxes of 6's after the season last year for $7/box at Gander Mtn.  Haven't shot any yet.  But am wanting to compare them to the patterns I'm getting with Win HDs.  If they don't pattern well they'll become duck loads.

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: mnbeardbuster on January 13, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
Picked up 10 boxes of 6's after the season last year for $7/box at Gander Mtn.  Haven't shot any yet.  But am wanting to compare them to the patterns I'm getting with Win HDs.  If they don't pattern well they'll become duck loads.

I'VE DONE THAT TEST, they will be duck loads !!! Win HDs will out pattern them wing master ALL DAY LONG.......!

BRIAN

mnbeardbuster

Guess I'll be relagating them to the back up round in the duck slayer.

Brian, Do you have any pictures from your testing you could post?

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: mnbeardbuster on January 13, 2012, 03:24:25 PM
Guess I'll be relagating them to the back up round in the duck slayer.

Brian, Do you have any pictures from your testing you could post?

NO and the best i got was 102 in a 10" @ 40 with a 665.

it will kill birds and its a fast load, but not a load for me, @ 6.00 a box its ok!

brian