OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What states will you be hunting?

Started by JVA54, January 11, 2012, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

Tell us what states you will hunt this year and when your season starts so we will known when you will be in the woods. Some of us will be cheer leading, looking for pic's and waiting....... :OGani:

I will be hunting Illinois 1st season which is April 9-13 southern zone and 5th season May 3-10   hope to get drawed for 3rd or a 4th also.

:z-guntootsmiley:

davisd9

I will be hunting South Carolina.  I hunt in the midlands and upstate so our season is April 1st to May 1st.  We get 5 tags for the month.  If I can find someone in the lowstate with land i can hunt then the season starts March 15th, have not found any land.  I applied for a tag in Florida for a Quota hunt but was not drawn, will apply again next year with preferance points.  I have an uncle with a bunch of land in South Virginia so I might see if I can go up there and hunt some.  April 1 cannot get here fast enough!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Virginia.  No plans as of yet.  Pretty close to West Virginia, may look into an out state license and give some public land a try.  Will have to approve that with the wife though. ;) 

Bustabeak

I'll will be hunting mostly in Georgia. I have mostly privately owned land that we lease and I have applied for a quota hunt. I haven't heard back from the GA DNR as if I was drawn yet. I am also planning to hunt Alabama.
The county in Alabama I'm hunting in opens up March 15th and the you can Kill 5 birds between the spring and fall season. Georgia Season open March 24 through May 15th and you can kill 3 gobblers. I've already scheduled my vacation for the March 26th through the 29th and I'm hoping to put a hurting on them that week. Either way, I'll be at it all season.

C J Stahly

I will be hunting SC most of the season.  Donald, we can try some public land in the low country......give us an extra hunt or so.

I may also try and talk the wife into it being a good idea to take the baby home in May so that everyone will be able to see him. It would just be ashame if we happened to go home during the Indiana season so that I can get on a bird with my brother.....or just allow me to get another bird.   ;D

boomer

I will be hunting Nebraska bow starts March 25th shotgun opens mid April both go until the end of May.

davisd9

Quote from: C J Stahly on January 11, 2012, 10:22:01 PM
I will be hunting SC most of the season.  Donald, we can try some public land in the low country......give us an extra hunt or so.
I may also try and talk the wife into it being a good idea to take the baby home in May so that everyone will be able to see him. It would just be ashame if we happened to go home during the Indiana season so that I can get on a bird with my brother.....or just allow me to get another bird.   ;D

Chris, I am up for it man cause I have never hunted down in that area, but WMA does not open down there until April 1st.  Makes no sense to me, but the rules are rules.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

I remember being stationed in Beaufort and seeing birds all the time. Just wished I got a chance to hunt them down there.

dirt road ninja

I'll be in Mississippi and maybe Kansas if it's not going well. Also,I might have found a piece of ground in Alabama, should know more about it after the weekend. Our season opens March 8th for youth and the 15th for everybody else. I've got plenty of ground in MS to hunt, so I usually can kill a season there. This year I'll be taking my son with me, hopefully that will translate into an extra three birds if he can sit still and keep up. I'll try to have 5 or 6 pop-ups out before the season to give him a place sit. We should have some success, as I have never seen as many birds on our place as this fall.

I will started siting near roosts the toward the end of February trying to figure out where they are heading. They will start gobbling a little bit by then. My birds seem to have areas that they just like to be in year after year. Spots that were good last year will be good again this year. Should be fun. I hope we can get a bird to attack a decoy as I think my son would love to see that.

WNY Bowhunter

My 2012 season will begin on April 14-19 in KY.  This wil be my first out of state turkey hunt so I'm pretty excited about it.  The season opener here in NY is May 1st and runs through the 31st.  The bag limit is 2 birds.  There were a ton of jakes around last spring so I'm hoping for a good season!!!   :you_rock:
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

C J Stahly

Quote from: davisd9 on January 12, 2012, 07:37:50 AM
Quote from: C J Stahly on January 11, 2012, 10:22:01 PM

Chris, I am up for it man cause I have never hunted down in that area, but WMA does not open down there until April 1st.  Makes no sense to me, but the rules are rules.

I was going to get in the regs and check that out....I was concerned that it might be the case that although you can hunt 15 Mar on private land, you may not be able to access public land until 1 Apr.  We will have to figure something out. 

M,Yingling

Ill be hunting PA Can bag 2 birds ,,,Season april 28 -- May 31
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Turkeykiller12

I'll be hunting on the western side of georgia. Looks like me and bustabeak are the only ones in GA and he is just one county south of me. Very glad to have a team mate that close.