OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

the ol' gov's pardon!!!

Started by stinkpickle, January 11, 2012, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Vaturkey

FullChoke

Ok, now I understand it. There was a total of exactly 209 Republicans in the jails in Mississippi!

Sheesh.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hognutz

Quote from: FullChoke on January 12, 2012, 03:37:34 PM
Ok, now I understand it. There was a total of exactly 209 Republicans in the jails in Mississippi!

Sheesh.

FullChoke

If that's the case, they were all railroaded and deserve to be let loose... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Leader

Spurcollecta

Y'all can believe what you want but this got blown way outta proportion by the liberal media. While he did pardon over 200 people, 189 of those pardoned had already served their entire jail sentence and most of them had been out of prison for YEARS! He pardoned these people so they could find gainful employment, vote, hunt, etc. The others were pardoned because of health reasons and extremely high medical cost. Some were even bedridden. There were also five or so that did work at the governors mansion and those I can say I personally don't agree with pardoning but still, the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.

stinkpickle

Blown way outta proportion?  What?  I don't think he's been hammered enough.  He let David Gatlin walk.

"Gatlin walked into a trailer in 1993 where his estranged wife, Tammy Ellis, lived and shot her in the head as she held her 6-week-old baby in her arms. Walker, the woman's friend, survived a gunshot wound to the head. Gatlin was convicted of murder, aggravated assault and burglary of a residence."

He let this guy walk.  So much for justice...   >:(

Spurcollecta

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 20, 2012, 11:58:10 AM
Blown way outta proportion?  What?  I don't think he's been hammered enough.  He let David Gatlin walk.

"Gatlin walked into a trailer in 1993 where his estranged wife, Tammy Ellis, lived and shot her in the head as she held her 6-week-old baby in her arms. Walker, the woman's friend, survived a gunshot wound to the head. Gatlin was convicted of murder, aggravated assault and burglary of a residence."

I agree with you 100% on this case. Didn't I say in my post that I don't agree with some of them?? I still stand by my original statement that it's been blown way out of proportion. The media made it sound like he opened the doors to the prison and just waved at 200 plus killers as they ran past. People are let out of jail for stuff like this on a regular basis in some states due to prison overcrowding. That's a FACT!

turkey slayer

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 20, 2012, 11:58:10 AM

:agreed:

stinkpickle

Quote from: Spurcollecta on January 20, 2012, 01:07:29 PM
...People are let out of jail for stuff like this on a regular basis in some states due to prison overcrowding. That's a FACT!

Sure.  Drug dealers, thieves, and others convicted of non-violent crimes...BUT convicted murders serving life sentences?  I doubt it.

Preacher

Another twist ,  Stewart Irby,  committed suicide just a day or two after his wife had been released on a pardon for killing 2 doctors while driving drunk.    She claimed that Irby was beating her while she was driving at speeds of 100 mph.   

We will most-likely never know what all is involved in all of this stuff,   I don't think near enough facts have come to the light.
Romans 8:37