turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet Thumpers Team Hunt

Started by savduck, January 10, 2012, 11:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Ok Gents, you guys have been hearing the rumors....but here it is laid out.

Im gonna host a Trumpet Thumpers Hunt. We have two options.

1. Property with hunt dates only open 4/7 to 4/28. I would like to try to get everyone to come to this one. I would like the hunt dates to be 4/12 to 4/15 (Thursday to Sunday). This hunt would give us an opportunity to hunt either GA or SC. Hotels are 5 minutes away.

2. A hunt on state WMAs. This is only a GA hunt. We could make base camp at one WMA camp grounds.....primative style camping, has bathrooms and shower house. From that WMA we have 3 other pieces of property within 40 minutes any direction that we could hit. This hunt date could be the entire season.

Im gonna put it up for vote and see what everyone is interested in and who may attend. I would like to see everyone opt for number #1. I think the experience would be richer.

Who is planning on coming, and what hunt do we want to try.

Attendees
1. Savduck........option 1
2. Houndstooth....option 1
3. Jbrown..........option 1
4. Drenalinld..........option 1
5. Cannonball........option 1

Maybe
1. Maustypsu
2. Van Helden
Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fud: :newmascot:

savduck

Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: Gitzit69 on January 10, 2012, 11:25:44 PM
Count me.............Out. You boys are just to far away. Maybe me and Joe can hook up. He's closer to home.  8)

Yeah, that sucks, Ill make sure I carry your trumpet on this hunt. Got one coming from Joe too, so it will be in my vest. If we continue this team in future years we may be able to do this every year and just rotate around to different states. Im wanting to head west in a few years. It may get to the point where we meet in SD or NM.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

I want to come. April 14th is opener here and I usually camp with my brothers. Will figure it out ASAP.

savduck

We could always hit option 1 on

4/7- 4/10. Saturday to tuesday.

I just figured thats opening weekend. Be a few more guys in the woods, and if you traveled Friday you could hunt. If we held it starting on a Thursday, if you rolled in same day....season is open.
Georgia Boy

maustypsu

Quote from: savduck on January 11, 2012, 11:04:48 AM
We could always hit option 1 on

4/7- 4/10. Saturday to tuesday.

I just figured thats opening weekend. Be a few more guys in the woods, and if you traveled Friday you could hunt. If we held it starting on a Thursday, if you rolled in same day....season is open.

We open on the 14th here as well. I have a little one on the way in march so it will be tough for me to confirm until we get closer.  But I would love to make the trip.

savduck

I have no issue doing it on 4/7 to 4/10 if thats easier.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 11, 2012, 06:06:18 PM
I have no issue doing it on 4/7 to 4/10 if thats easier.

4/8 is Easter Sunday, just so you know. I wouldn't be able to come on that weekend.

savduck

How about we run this hunt from

4/11 to 4/15. Wednesday to Sunday.

People could come in when they want for however long. If you want to come Wednesday and Thursday and go home Friday you can. if you want to come in Thursday through Sunday or just Saturday/ Sunday. What ever combo works for everyone. I talked with Jbrown tonight, and he says he's in for whatever.

For planning purposes....Plan your drive into Savannah, GA.
And if the WAY out of town guys plan on flying in.....Savannah international airport.....20 minutes from camp.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Sounds good, Del. I may stay through Sunday, but will be there for a few days for sure.

Eddie, I hope you can come. Would be cool to get your first bird on this hunt!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

Gents, I do VERY well on this property. I dont know what it will be like with all this warm weather but I can tell you this.

GA had an excellent gobbler hatch three years running. There were a lot of jakes last year. AND not a lot of guys killed birds last year so there should be plenty of 2 year olds and plenty of older birds.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: drenalinld on January 11, 2012, 09:50:54 PM
Sounds good, Del. I may stay through Sunday, but will be there for a few days for sure.

Eddie, I hope you can come. Would be cool to get your first bird on this hunt!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

I will be there if I can take off from work. I am going to shoot for Thursday through Saturday.

savduck

:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

Popping a turkey hunter cherry........oh man. This hunt, as Emeril says, "  just got kicked up a notch"

I think your in for a treat we have some killers on this team. I think you learn more in 4 days with us than 5 years on your own.

OH big PS.....the 15th is my birthday, so yall will probably get to eat some cake. Doesnt that make it all worth it.
Georgia Boy

cannonball

Quote from: savduck on January 11, 2012, 10:20:31 PM
:happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

Popping a turkey hunter cherry........oh man. This hunt, as Emeril says, "  just got kicked up a notch"

I think your in for a treat we have some killers on this team. I think you learn more in 4 days with us than 5 years on your own.

OH big PS.....the 15th is my birthday, so yall will probably get to eat some cake. Doesnt that make it all worth it.

I am for learning all I can. Hopefully the birds will cooperate and I can get the monkey off my back.