turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picture of your guns

Started by mossybird, February 18, 2011, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gob09

man i wish i still had my 500 had a 2'' piece of 2x4 screwed on the end of the stock very comfortable to me. had two barrels for and everthing killed several birds with it had a pacmyer slip on. the recoil was'nt all that bad in fact it was a daisy to shoot.
but someone thought they needed it more than i did and stole it out of my truck.
i sure miss it
rick had one almost just like it and man that thing would knock the snot out of you it had a 28'' barrel with ports

unclerick

That thing did hurt to shoot, but that 500 I have that I had customized doesn't kick all that bad. Ofcourse when you draw down on a bird, you never feel the recoil.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

t_eagen13

Here is my Benelli Nova with an Indian Creek choke and some Hevi-13 3" 2oz 6's. There is a pattern from last year with this combo with a count of 182, not too bad. I'd like to try out some Hevi 7's before the season maybe, sounds like they are nasty.

mfd1027

Those Nova's are really neat guns..   I love the lines on them.     That's a heck of a pattern with 6's.   Not much need for seven's with a pattern like that.   Nice and even too.   

You're rt. Rick.   It's really nice we don't notice recoil when shootin at birds. 

Have any of you guys had any trigger work done on your guns??    My Encore trigger is set at 1 3/4 lbs.   I wouldn't do that if it wasn't a single shot it'd be too dangerous on follow up shots.    I love my trigger.    I know it helps tremendously with flinching.
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 23, 2011, 12:08:31 AM
Those Nova's are really neat guns..   I love the lines on them.     That's a heck of a pattern with 6's.   Not much need for seven's with a pattern like that.   Nice and even too.   

You're rt. Rick.   It's really nice we don't notice recoil when shootin at birds. 

Have any of you guys had any trigger work done on your guns??    My Encore trigger is set at 1 3/4 lbs.   I wouldn't do that if it wasn't a single shot it'd be too dangerous on follow up shots.    I love my trigger.    I know it helps tremendously with flinching.
I had trigger work done on my 06, and it does help a lot.  I have plans to get a trigger job for the old turkey  as well as a .338 win mag I inherited from dad.

mfd1027

Shane.   Wasn't that .338 a Weatherby?   
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 23, 2011, 08:54:00 AM
Shane.   Wasn't that .338 a Weatherby?   
It's definately a .338 win mag. It's my elk gun, and Alaska Gun if I ever get there.  :z-guntootsmiley:

mfd1027

My bad.    I was thinking it was a Weatherby but now realize it couldn't be.   It's a real nice gun, rt?   I'm pretty sure your Dad showed it to me.   
Dan

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: mfd1027 on February 23, 2011, 07:42:10 PM
My bad.    I was thinking it was a Weatherby but now realize it couldn't be.   It's a real nice gun, rt?   I'm pretty sure your Dad showed it to me.   

I bet he showed you that Colt Sauer he had. That thing was fancy as heck, almost to pretty to hunt with.

gob09

i barrowed a gun from my boss a few years back to deer hunt with he handed me a colt sauer 243 i said it was to sharp to hunt with and id rather not take it but he insisted  so i took it home and cleaned it up and shot it in took it hunting for the weekend when i got home and looked it up i was amazed to see what they sell for glad i did'nt know what it was worth before hand MAN! that thing was pretty

Ricochet

my 870 with some mods i.e. Burris Fastfire, .670 Pure Gold choke and I shot either Nitro 4x5x7s or Hevi-13 #6s (going to try the magnum blend soon). I actually modified the Burris mount last season - the speedbead mount was not working so I got the gun drilled and tapped for a weaver mount. I ended up killing my 2 birds last season with my son's 870 20 ga., but my big boy 12 ga. will be ready this season!

[attachment deleted by admin]
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

mfd1027

Nice gun Ricochet!   Those 870's look badass these days.   

Shane,   It must have been the Sauer.    I remember him being really proud of it. 
On another note I heard from Tracy yesterday.   He was interested in a Ky. hunt.  "Free" - of course!!   What a piece of work that guy is.   He hasn't changed one bit. lol 
Dan

jjones

gob09

hey jones good to see ya thats a bad  20

gob09

here's on e i used last year CZ 712 auto pretty good gun but not a turkey hunter

[attachment deleted by admin]