turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

pa mountain deer

Started by clarksvalley, January 09, 2012, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarksvalley

had a fustrating bow season,got afew pictures of decent bucks but all pictures were at night.
took some time off work in early nov. with no luck.bow season ended and no buck,went to take
some stands down and would you know it nice buck trailing a doe right in front of the stand.checked
several spots for gun season and no deer sign,the only good buck sign was in the area i was bowhunting
with very few sightings.there were alot of different vehicles in this area of state land,afew days before
the season opener so i was`nt the only one who knew about these deer.opening day came and temp.`s
were usually warm,i just got done pouring a cup of coffee and caught this guy sneaking off the top of the
mountain.he cleared some brush and i left him have it,i watched him run about 70 yards and fall over.i went
down to the deer and backtracked the blood trail to go get my pack and found this shed  sticking out of the
leaves about 10 feet from where i shot him.

njdevilsb

Congrats.  That's a nice looking buck.  What are the odds of finding the shed while following the blood trail.    :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

turkey slayer

nctrkyhntr

boomer

clarksvalley

Quote from: slickyboyboo on January 12, 2012, 05:08:14 PM
Nice PA Buck! How much did that big ole boy weigh?
i did`nt weigh him,i have one of those tape measures you put around the deers chest.don`t know how
accurate they are but it said 168lbs live weight.

sproultrapper

That's a dandy, did he come from dauphin county??

clarksvalley

sure did,off state gameland.

Leader

Ruger M77

Nice buck!There sure has been some nice ones coming out of clarks valley the last couple of years.I live on the Pine grove end of tho's mountains.
I eat therefore I hunt

clarksvalley

there are always a few good buck shot in that area.although the deer numbers are down there always seem to be a few make it thourgh
the season.are you familar with the jeff swamp area?

Ruger M77

Yea i've hunted Jeffs swamp a couple times I hunt on the east side of 81 mostly A place called blackcreek some people call it echo vally pretty big chunk of public land
I eat therefore I hunt

jerseyjimk