OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun owner 1 bad guy 0

Started by neal, January 04, 2012, 12:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Eric Gregg

I am not sure of where this person lives, whether in town or a rural area, but did you note that it was 21 minutes that she stayed on the phone with the dispatcher.
I am in no way implecating that the police/sheriff's department didn't get there in time......but it goes to show that you need to be able to protect yourself in case it takes time for law enforcement to get there.
This is exactly why I have showed my dear wife, who is 5'2" and 109 lbs how to use my shotgun. I have told her that if she has that gun and someone breaks in the house shoot them because they do not have her best intentions.

I hate that this has to happen, but I am glad the lady and baby are alright.

mcgruff1533

I'm glad the young lady was able to protect herself and the baby.    After reading the article, something tells me there is more to the story we're not being told.

I'm thinking there might have been an unpaid debt, or a similar motivation.   

Gobble!

hookedspur

She Did what she had to do !!! :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vaturkey

Vaturkey

gob09

:happy0064: :happy0064:
good for her dude should'nt have been there

longspur

Quote from: mcgruff1533 on January 04, 2012, 01:15:13 PM
I'm glad the young lady was able to protect herself and the baby.    After reading the article, something tells me there is more to the story we're not being told.

I'm thinking there might have been an unpaid debt, or a similar motivation.   

I ain't going to collect it.

Hognutz

I love stories that have happy endings..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Kylongspur88

Good for her, I wouldn't loose a wink of sleep over that. My woman knows to do the same thing. Sad that she lost her husband, but I'm glad she was able to protect herself and her baby.

cannonball

TRKYHTR

First I want to say good for her. Don't mess with a Mom protecting her child.

About 1 week ago my daughter comes in my room and whispers something. I didn't hear her and was half asleep. It was 1:00 am. I leaned up to hear her say again Dad somebody is outside my room window. I was up and pistol loaded within seconds. I live out in the country and can see pretty good for a ways from my house. Not much to hide behind except for a few trees until you get to a creek which is 50 yards away. I headed out with my pistol, a flashlight, and the dog. There was nobody out there that I could see. When I was in the back yard I heard the infamous chink chink of a shotgun. I heard it 3 times. I thought what in the world. When I got around to the front my wife was standing there in her pajamas with the shotgun. She said she couldn't find a bullet so she just wanted them to hear that sound. Then she said I want you to set me up incase I need to use this thing. So I did. Better not show up at my house for 20 minutes trying to break in the door.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Cleburne

JELLYHEAD

hootn

just think, those who think they know what is "best" for us believe this woman should have waited on the cops and not protect her self and kid. that is the job of the cops, not the general public. if so she would b dead and the kid more than likely.

scott