turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

8 limits before lunch, and pappy says there are no ducks in AR.....lol

Started by drenalinld, January 01, 2012, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

Friday I as fortunate enough to get in on one of those hunts you live for. We had eight guys. Five of us were in the timber, and three on a rice field edge a few hundred yards away. The timber was a bust, so about 9 we joined our friends on the field who were one mallard away from their limit. We brought three from the timber. Just before noon we shot our last duck for a total of 48. Man was it fun. At times there were so many ducks working we were afraid to move, call, or shoot the few who were already on the water. We should have been done a lot sooner but we might not have shot as well as we could have...lol

P.S.  I am in the orange. I had to change to dry clothes b/c I may have stepped off in an irrigation ditch on the way out that was goatee deep. It was cold enough to take my breath. GOOD TIMES!

drenalinld

misfire

Alright David, save some for me. Congrats and great pictures. And I really appreciate the ones you have sent me so far
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MDbowman

Man, that is a big ol pile there!! Congrats on a great morning.

savduck

Georgia Boy

ChiefBubba

:z-guntootsmiley: Nice work! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Now send some birds down to Florida, I got skunked last night in one of the Mcduck farms here but I did have some Googans skybusting in the next marsh over so couldn't get the birds to work to good. Chief.

ShotgunDave

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

drenalinld

Quote from: ShotgunDave on January 03, 2012, 06:36:00 PM
Nice hen wacking!

Just kidding...looks like a great hunt.

I try not to shoot hens, but some in our group are new hunters and have enough problems hitting a duck much less recognizing what they are shooting. The green was in front of us, they just aren't experienced enough to pick them out.

pappy

Hahahahaha....I see you are still getting our dregs down there.....nice haul David...and.........hens happen........that's just a part of it.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

DMP

Those irrigation ditches are a pain in the rear.  I stepped in one out there a few years ago.  You would have thought the guy we leased the field from would have told us that there was ditch right in front of the blind. 

Good shooting.

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

ChiefBubba

Pappy on a side note your Detonator is getting ready to make a trip to Texas this week. Not sure how it'll work on the Geese but will let you know how it does on the duck's. Chief. :z-guntootsmiley:

turkey slayer