Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could buy that ONE special slate call................

Started by rempumpman, December 31, 2011, 11:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

I didnt purchase one on this site but i bought a woodhaven custom calls cherry pot slate 2 years ago and their cherry crystal last season . I can say without a doubt that these are the best sounding calls that ive heard. The first i bought in cabelas and the crystal through their website. This is my opinion and thought it might help. Ive been turkey hunting for 24 yrs now and these are great.
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Perhaps you actually meant Slate Surface Peg & Pot Style Calls?

If so, Camp Callers and Cody both make nice Slate Surface calls in Wood Pots.  I have a Camp Callers Slate, and a Cody Glass.  These two companies make some nice calls.

I have heard that some of the callmakers that advertise on this site do even better work.  I don't know personally, but that's the rumor.

SWAMPFOX

i collect all types of turkey calls old and new so i play with a few to see what i like. but a couple that i consistently harvest turkeys with are tim sanfords green anodized aluminum, bud and bettys walnut slate, and my number one go to "gobbler getter" is ray toms green aluminum. i not saying these are better than anyone elses but they work for me. almost forgot that frank cox's trumphet is always with me when things get tough. good luck there are lots of great pot callmakers out there.
swampfox