OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It's fixin' to turn the corner.....

Started by rempumpman, December 31, 2011, 10:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

I am so blessed to see another year (51 of them now) but it's this time of the year that spring begins to weigh heavy on the ol' mind; the calls begin to come out, the turkey vest gets a good going over, the shells are being bought, new toys are being looked at, and on , and on and on;

Do ya'll have the same problem? it's bad for me; Happy New Year and may all of you hear more gobbles in 2012.......God bless................ :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

mason0366

chatterbox

I hear ya! I already picked up a slate call from motherlode turkey calls, I bought an EOTech sight for my 835, a Beartooth Comb Raiser, and I'm waiting on my picatinny rail so I can install my sight!
Changed back to HTL this season. Shooting 3.5-2.25-6 Hevi-13 with a PG .670 choke.
Once she's all setup, I'll post up a pic.

mcgruff1533

I just made some jerky with the last of my Fall bird.     I'm looking forward to the Spring season to put another Tom down and turn him into some more jerky.

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

redarrow

I gotta wade through 6 feet of deer hunting stuff that needs to be put away so I can get to my turkey hunting stuff.

pseshooter300

I was just thinking need to get the turkey calls out let the fun begin
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: pseshooter300 on January 01, 2012, 10:43:37 AM
I was just thinking need to get the turkey calls out let the fun begin
X2 I was just thinking the same thing!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

guesswho

You don't turn corners at 51, you top hills ;D  I'm right there with you (51) though. 

Good luck in 2012. :icon_thumright:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: guesswho on January 01, 2012, 08:14:15 PM
You don't turn corners at 51, you top hills ;D  I'm right there with you (51) though. 

Good luck in 2012. :icon_thumright:
Me too I'll be 52.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI gotta wade through 6 feet of deer hunting stuff that needs to be put away so I can get to my turkey hunting stuff.

Me too.

dirt road ninja

gob09

stole a couple boxes of mag blends(very cheap) the other day and got all my gear together just waitin on 3-31

Eric Gregg

I broke out the mouth calls and have been practicing since before Christmas.
I have an hour commute to work and a lot of time to work on the calls.
I have a CD of Real Turkeys that I listen to and call along to.

Yep, i have it bad

TauntoHawk

washing, cleaning, organizing, and putting away all my Deer gear Tonight

A few new calls and maybe Jake decoy and im ready besides playing with shells and chokes again in march/april

I got a realturkeys III disc and wouldnt mind a few more, nice to practice with on the long drive to my buddies in the Catskills.

I know im getting way more Hooks mouth calls after trying them last year

I know I want a lights out Aluminum pot

I need to find a good sounding short box

Could buy a butterball a week for what I put into turkey hunting a couple of tough Ol' birds..
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>