OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stock up on 100 watt incandescent bulbs now.

Started by bird, December 31, 2011, 03:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

http://www.app.com/usatoday/article/52256656?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

Beginning Jan 1, 2012 the federal government will begin phasing out the good old fashioned light bulb starting with the 100 watt bulb first in favor of the government subsidized Chinese made supposive energy saving bulbs that cost many times more and actually don't last any longer than a regular bulb. An added negative about these new bulbs is that they are an environmental hazard with the mercury that they contain and are now also being looked at as a safety hazard due to them exploding or catching fire when they burn out and get hot.

Another government regulation that has completely fell flat on its face and is costing the American tax payer more money for a lesser product.

unclerick

I have been for the last year now, every time I go to Wally world I pick up a couple boxes of them Reveal 100 watt bulbs, got about 14 boxes now.

I personely do not like them new screwy bulbs, and heaven forbid if one was ever to break in my house, I would have to move and have HAZMAT come in and clean up, I wonder if the goverment will pay for that.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

chatterbox

It's funny you bring this up Al, we were just talking about this at work the other day.
Gotta love the American Government.......... Just one more example of butting in where they are not needed, and if that's not bad enough, forcing the American people to use an inferior product.

bird

A Chinese made inferior hazardous product subsidized by American tax dollars.

mossy835

Quote from: FANMAN on December 31, 2011, 06:23:22 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/25/3618219/incandescent-light-bulbs-get-a.html

Looks like you guys got some more time to hoard em up.
Well that is bitter sweet news and we are stocking up. I use strobes for photography and I am ordering the special 100 watt bulbs just in case. The phony energy savings out here where electricity is AC (you can not save it) mostly generated by water can not help the AL Gore carbon foot print. Congress the senate and the white house need to get the message once and for all, keep you nose in your own business and get this country back on it;s feet with out Obummer at the helm. Sorry but now I feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woodsman4God

Someone just needs to start making them domestically. Anyone want to start a light bulb business?